Ginger Snap Crafts: How to Make Your Own Soap Pumps with Palmolive #Palmolive25Ways #cbias

How to Make Your Own Soap Pumps with Palmolive #Palmolive25Ways #cbias

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Palmolive25Ways #CollectiveBias

Hello!  Do you have a favorite dish soap? Mine hands down is Palmolive. :) My grandmother used Palmolive (remember when it only come in green?), and I have loved it since then. Plus not only is it tough on grease & soft on hands ~ you can use it in so many different ways from making bubbles, scrubbing fleas off the dog, getting oil off your driveway (it works!), soaking your hands in before a manicure & more. You can find so many different uses for soap other than just dishwashing. At our house I use Palmolive not only to wash the dishes but also as hand soap in the bathroom. I recently made these DIY soap pumps. (They are so easy to make!) So today I’m excited to show you how to make your own soap pumps, too. So keep reading to get the tutorial. :)

how to make your own soap pumps at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Palmolive25Ways #CollectiveBias #shop

Palmolive-Ultra-Dish-Soap

You’ll need a few supplies to get started. :)

Palmolive Ultra Dishwashing Soap (You can find it at Walmart.)
a drill
a large drill bit
mason jars
lids
soap pumps
waterproof silicone caulk
caulk gun
vinyl lettering (optional)

supplies

You could totally use normal mason jar lids for these. You know the ones with a ring & metal lid. I had these lids on hand that had a hole already in the top. They came with some some mason jar drink cups we had. I did need to make my hole a bit larger. That’s where the drill came in handy. ha! If you don’t have a hole at all. Use a hammer & big nail to get one started, & then you can use the drill to finish up.

drill

I just held my lid with one hand & use the other hand to hold the drill. It took me a couple of seconds to get my hole just a tad bit bigger.

make a soap pump with Palmolive

The hole needs to be just big enough to slide the soap pump into. Mine was pretty snug. Remember when working with power tools you need to be careful & use eye protection.

making your own soap pump

Next I got some waterproof silicone caulk out. This is just some we had left over from our sunroom addition. You could also use a heavy duty glue or even just regular white caulk. When your soap pumps are done you won’t be able to see where you glued it. So it doesn’t need to be clear or fancy. ;)

waterproof sealant

I slide my soap pump through the lid, & then I put some of the caulk around the edge. Let dry.

how to make a soap pump with a mason jar

Annnnd just because I’m obsessed with vinyl lettering (ha!) I added some vinyl to the front of my soap pumps.

mason jar soap pump

Then after everything is dried you will fill your mason jar with Palmolive. I love the Palmolive coconut butter soap. It smells really good! Plus I just like the creamy color. ha! It goes well in my bathroom. ;) Try out the Palmolive aloe soap, too. It’s amazing! :)

fill your pump with Palmolive #shop

Anyways, moving on! ha! You’ll just put on the lid, & your soap pump is ready for use. :)

make-your-own-soap-pump

These really do look great in your bathroom. They hold a lot of soap! Using dish soap for hand soap saves a lot of money, too. You don’t have to worry about buying two different kinds of soap. The Palmolive is amazing on hands. It works great. :)

make-your-own-soap-pump

Palmolive is hosting a Sweepstakes where you can enter to win a $2,000 Walmart gift card and weekly prizes! Yay! The Sweepstakes began on August 11, and you can enter {HERE}. So make sure you stop by! :)

soap pump with Palmolive

Do you have any creative uses for dish soap? Would you use dish soap in the bathroom?
I’d love to hear your ideas! Leave a comment below. :) Annnnd remember you can always find Palmolive at Walmart. :)

#Palmolive25ways #cbias #shop

Make sure you follow the hashtag #Palmolive25ways for tons more soap ideas. :)

how to make your own soap pumps at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Palmolive25Ways #CollectiveBias #shop

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.