Ginger Snap Crafts: Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake from My Favorite Finds {contributor}

Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake from My Favorite Finds {contributor}

Hi, Ginger Snap Crafts readers! I'm Carrie, and I blog over at My Favorite Finds. I am sooooo flattered and excited to be here sharing a Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake with you all today! I've been a reader of Ginger Snap Crafts for a VERY long time, so I am feeling SO privileged to be sharing a great recipe with you today!

ZucchiniCake3-682x1024

Zucchini and I are having a love/hate relationship lately. Since our "let's just see what happens garden" has turned into a "if my husband brings in one more zucchini or tomato I'm going to scream" garden, I've been on the hunt to get creative with all this produce. And here's the thing....I didn't used to be a zucchini lover. Wow, has that changed this summer! In the hunt for a recipe to share at my parents' house over the weekend, I came across this Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake from Crazy for Crust. Loved it! Seriously, the zucchini end up looking like apple chunks, since you cook them down a bit first in some sugar and lemon juice on the stove. It is SO good! Everyone at my parents' house thought it was an apple cake! And, it isn't too bad for you health wise-it uses olive oil instead of vegetable oil or butter.

Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake {from Crazy for Crust}

Ingredients: 2 cups seeded, diced and peeled zucchini 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Cake: 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 egg 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cups flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon Directions: 1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. 2. In a small pan, over medium heat, begin cooking the 2 cups zucchini, lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Allow this to cook until the zucchini appears opaque and everything is well coated in the cinnamon/sugar/lemon juice, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

ZucchiniCake1

3. While the zucchini/sugar mixture is cooling, add the sugar, olive oil, egg, and milk to your stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix these on low until combined. Then, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until just moistened. 4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the cooked zucchini mixture.

ZucchiniCake2

5. Mix up your topping: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Crumble over the top of your zucchini. 6. Bake for 30-40 minutes. This Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake is wonderful served warm! It'll be the perfect addition to your fall breakfast menu.

ZucchiniCake4

Thanks for stopping by Ginger Snap Crafts to check
out my Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake today!
I hope to see you around My Favorite Finds!

Signature

Carrie, that looks so yummmmmmy!
Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!
Be sure to stop by My Favorite Finds for more creative ideas! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by My Favorite Finds.