Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Photo Block {tutorial} & a new Silhouette Promotion

DIY Photo Block {tutorial} & a new Silhouette Promotion

This post is brought to you by Silhouette. 

Hello! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend & that your week is off to a great start. I originally shared this post over at Cherished Bliss last month, and I thought it was about time I shared it over here, too! ;)

My youngest son just turned 4. So no more babies around here, but I do have a super adorable nephew, Owen. I love making things for him! (You can check out his diaper cake here & his personalized blanket here.) Today I'd love to show you how I made this super easy & cute personalized DIY photo block for him. I used my Silhouette for this project so I thought it was fitting to share a new Silhouette Promotion with you as well! So keep reading for all the details. :)

 
For this project you'll need:
  • paint
  • foam brush
  • wood block
  • photo
  • paper trimmer
  • spray adhesive
  • ribbon
  • vinyl lettering
 
I painted my wood block & let it dry. Then I trimmed my photo to fit just inside the block of wood.

 
Then I sprayed the back of my photo with a thin layer of spray adhesive. I love this stuff! I use it all the time. :)
 
Then I applied a vinyl letter O for Owen. :) If you've never used vinyl before you can check out my how to apply vinyl tutorial. I'm addicted to vinyl! It's amazing & so fun! :)
 
 
Then I tied a ribbon around the top of my photo block & trimmed the ends.
 
 
I love how it turned out, and I really love how super simple this was to make! You could easily use these for gifts!
 
 
 
If you are addicted to vinyl like me (haha!) & are running low on your vinyl stash now is the time to stock up! Silhouette is having a Stock Up & Save promotion right now! Yay! You can use the code GINGERSNAP at checkout to receive 25% off all Silhouette consumables like ~ vinyl, chipboard, starter kits, cutting mats, blades, fabric ink, tools & so much more. (excludes CAMEO, Portrait, download cards, subscriptions & gift cards) Hurry! This sale ends on the 19th. :)

Silhouette Promotion stock up & save #spon

 Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.