Ginger Snap Crafts: Pool Noodle Ponies {tutorial}

Pool Noodle Ponies {tutorial}

This post was originally seen over on Crazy Little Projects. :)
 
So fall is officially here, right? ;) Well, the pool is closed anyways,& I’m sure the cooler weather will be here to stay very soon! ;) So what do you do with all those pool noodles you have lying around the garage from summer time? Well, today I’m going to show you how to make these super fun & easy pool noodle ponies! Your kiddos are going to have so much fun with these! Keep reading to see how easy these are to put together. :)
 

My youngest daughter went to Cloverbud Camp for 4H this past summer, & she came home with one of these guys! Of course, my little man wanted one, too! So we quickly whipped up another pony just for him. I'm sure you have everything you need to make one of these, too! :)

For this project you'll need:

  • felt
  • pool noodle
  • twine or rope
  • googly eyes
  • hot glue gun & glue
 
 
First you'll bend your pool noodle on one end to make the head. You'll want to have someone hold it like that for you. (Kids make awesome helpers on this project!) Then you'll hot glue the felt mane onto the back of the pony's head. Then you'll tie a piece of twine or rope around the end of the bent pool noodle. Tie it pretty tight so it will hold nice & snug. I used a pretty long piece of twine, so I would have a little extra to make some "reins" for my kiddos to hold on to.
 
 
Then you'll add some felt ears around the bend of the noodle, and then glue on some googly eyes. Now it's time to giddy up! Wahoo! :)
 
 
My kiddos have a blast riding their ponies through the yard! Yehaw!! :)
 
 
 
Make sure you check out some more fun kid activities at Ginger Snap Crafts. :)
 
Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.