Ginger Snap Crafts: Disney Princess Little Mermaid Jar {tutorial}

Disney Princess Little Mermaid Jar {tutorial}

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #DisneyPrincessPlay #cbias #shop

We are huge Disney Princesses & The Little Mermaid fans at our house, & we can’t wait for the Collector’s Edition BluRay/DVD combo to come out on October 1st. Yay! Our VHS copy has worn out long ago, & we haven’t watched the movie in ages! :( We can’t wait to see it again soon!

In the meantime my kiddos (especially my 6 year old daughter) have had such a fun time playing & using their imaginations to recreate the story with their The Little Mermaid toys. We had fun making this cute Little Mermaid Jar for my daughter. It was so easy! Keep reading to see how we made it, and you’ll see what other The Little Mermaid toy inspires my daughter’s imagination!

Little Mermaid Jar #shop #tutorial

#shop #disney #cbias

The Little Mermaid Jar makes it so easy to pretend & have fun telling the Little Mermaid story! It’s also looks cute on a dresser in my daughter’s room, & it works great to store all The Little Mermaid Story Set pieces in.

#shop supplies for Little Mermaid craft

For this project you’ll need:

  • sand
  • a jar with a lid
  • The Little Mermaid Story Set (can be found at Disney Walmart)
  • glue dots
  • seashells
  • cardstock cut in a circle

how to make a little mermaid jar #shop #disney #cbias

First you’ll add the sand to the bottom of your jar, then sprinkle in a few small seashells & then finally put your The Little Mermaid Story Set inside. I love the Sebastian Toy and Flounder Toy….so cute! Then put the lid on. I added this cute quote that I found in the clip art for my electronic cutting tool that can use a pen instead of a blade to write. It says “If you want to know how much I love you count all the waves in the sea.” I thought it worked perfectly for Ariel & Eric! ;)

disney princess little mermaid #shop

My daughter had fun playing with this outside! (Sand is messy!) I loved that she could put the lid on it & bring it inside. (So no mess in the house!)  It looks so cute in her room with the lid on. ha! ;)

Little Mermaid Doll at Walmart #cbias #shop

She also has this cute Ariel Singing Doll that sings two songs from the movie! It also changes from princess to mermaid! Cool! :) She loves playing Little Mermaid with her as well.

Little Mermaid Singing Doll #shop

Do your kiddos love Disney Princesses? Do they like to pretend? What is their favorite Disney Princess toy? Are you excited about The Little Mermaid movie coming to BluRay/DVD soon? I’d love to hear! :)

little mermaid singing ariel doll #shop

You can connect with Disney Princesses on twitter & facebook.

#shop Little Mermaid Jar (tutorial)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Check out the Under The Sea Pinterest Board for more great The Little Mermaid play date ideas!