Ginger Snap Crafts: fab friday {vinyl stenciling}

fab friday {vinyl stenciling}

I wanted to try something a little different. :)


My partner, Melissa, loves C.S. Lewis.  I love this C.S. Lewis quote, & I thought Melissa would, too. :)
I used vinyl as a stencil to make the background a little more interesting. :)


First I painted my board with grey paint.
Then for the background I used this cute pattern from the Silhouette online store.
I used white vinyl, but you really could use whatever color you had since it's going to be used as a stencil.
I cut it the size I needed using my straight edge paper cutter.


I wanted the vinyl to stick really well.
After I applied the vinyl & before removing the transfer tape
I made sure to rub it really well over the entire surface.
You don't want the paint seeping through!


Then I painted over the vinyl using white paint.
After the paint had dried completely I carefully removed the vinyl. 
It had left a perfect pattern. {Love it!}


Next I applied the C.S. Lewis quote cut in black vinyl using the impervious font.


All done!

Don't forget to enter all the {fabulous} summer vacation giveaways!
Winners will be announced ToNiGhT!!!

Have a {fabulous} weekend everyone!!