Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Farmhouse Sign with Cricut {tutorial}

DIY Farmhouse Sign with Cricut {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! I’m back with an all new Cricut tutorial for you! I have spent waaaaay too much on cute farmhouse signs over the last several years for our home. Annnnnnd if I had realized how easy DIY Farmhouse Signs were to make with a few tools from Cricut & some inexpensive supplies, I could of saved a ton of money! ha! Let me show you how I did it. :)

Last week I shared all the details about the beautiful lilac hand tools from Cricut. You can read that post right here. Each of these tools can be use with paper, cardstock, thin plastics, canvas, leather, wood, vinyl, iron-on, fabric & so much more!!! I used almost all of them in today’s post. :)

Alright, let’s get to this farmhouse sign tutorial. :)

For this project you will need:
Cricut Acrylic Ruler, Lilac - 3" x 18"
Cricut Cutting Ruler, Lilac - 18"
Cricut Decorative Self-Healing Mat, Lilac - 18" x 24"
Cricut TrueControl Knife, Lilac
wooden frame (I found this unfinished frame at Hobby Lobby, and then stained it.)
white foam poster board
pencil
black vinyl 
transfer tape
this image from Design Space 
Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker

First, I cut out this design space file out using my Cricut machine.

I weeded my vinyl, applied the transfer tape & set it aside.

Next, I used the acrylic ruler & a pencil to measure out a 16x20 rectangle on the back of the foam board.

Then I used the cutting ruler & the knife to cut out the 16x20 rectangle.

These two tools make cutting a breeze! The self-healing mat is perfect to cut on as well. :)

I hot glued my foam board into my frame & then applied the vinyl lettering to the front of the sign.

So easy! Annnnnnnnnd I love the results! What would your sign say? Cricut Design Space has TONS of cute sayings you could use, too! :)

Be sure to check out my tutorial from last week! :) I used the Cricut Rotary Cutter & fabric for this project.

Annnnd I made this cute hair tie with some of my favorite tools from Cricut. :)

Be sure to check out these fun hand tools from Cricut. :)

True Control Knife: 

•  Blade lock system gives you greater control
•  No-touch, hands-free experience makes changing blades easy
•  Premium steel blades for effortless cuts
•  Comfortable, cushioned grip, protective cap & anti-roll feature (the knife will stay put when not in use!)
•  Experience amazing precision & accuracy when working on a wide variety of materials, including paper, cardstock, thin plastics, canvas & more.
•  Razor-sharp edge, piercing tip & superior blade lock system
•  Gives you better control & beautiful results every time
•  Replacement blades sold separately.

Self-Healing Mat: 

• Pretty up your workspace with this extra-thick, double-sided, self-healing cutting mat
• Enjoy more creative cutting options with multi-angled grid lines on one side & more inspiration with a decorative print on the other side
• Easy-to-read numbers on wide 1" border for use with rotary cutters & precision blades
• 12" x 12" and 12" x 24" reference marks to match Cricut machine mat sizes
• Not for use in Cricut machines

Rotary Cutter: 

•  Premium steel 60 mm rotary blade cuts through multiple layers or thicker materials like denim, batting & more
•  Sliding quick-release blade cover for safety when not in use & and the sliding quick-release blade cover eliminates stray cuts when not in use
•  Symmetrical handle for right- or left-handed users (Yay! I’m a leftie!)
•  Your fabric projects will be quicker, easier & much more fun!
•  Comfortable handle was designed to give precise control.
•  Can be used with cotton fabrics, mulberry paper & other lighter weight materials
•  Use the rotary cutter with Cricut’s variety of acrylic rulers for clean, precise cuts every time.

Cutting Ruler: 

•  18” aluminum cutting ruler with stainless steel straightedge 
•   Protective guard shields hands from sharp cutting tools
•   Textured, nonslip base grips work surface for safety & control
•   Laser-etched, dual-directional measurement markings 
•   Make fast, clean cuts with a protective safety guard and easy-to-read measurements.

Acrylic Ruler: 

• 3” x 18” size makes this ruler your essential crafting tool 
• Frosted finish with easy-to-see measurements for visibility with light and dark materials (Yes, this works!)
• Measurement marks in 1/8” increments for even the smallest details; angled lines at 30, 45, and 60 degrees   
• You’ll enjoy versatility & precision for almost any crafty activity.
• It’s the go-to crafting ruler!

What would you put on your farmhouse sign? Please pin this post for later! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

****I recently decided to hide my comments due to a very high number of inappropriate comments with links. Ick! I am so sorry! I love hearing from each & every one of you! Unfortunately, I don’t have time to weed through & delete the spam comments that keep rolling in. If you have a question or want to connect, please send me a facebook message or find me over on instagram. I’d love to chat! Thank you for understanding!****

Yum