Ginger Snap Crafts: My 10 Favorite Christmas Traditions

My 10 Favorite Christmas Traditions

As we have been getting our Christmas decorations out this year, I’ve noticed my kiddos saying, “This always goes here.”& “We always do this”. Annnnnd it reminded me of all the special Christmas traditions that we have as a family. This is also the first Christmas my oldest son won’t be home with us. He is serving a mission in Utah. So I’ve been super emotional reflecting on all the Christmases we have had together. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family to share the holidays with. So humor me as we walk down my Memory Lane, & I’d love to hear your favorite Christmas Traditions in the comments below. :)

Christmas Traditions at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Just FYI these are no particular order! ha!

1. Christmas Cookies ~ On Christmas Eve we always bake a ton of cookies. We make plates up & take them to our friends & neighbors Secret Santa style. My kiddos love this tradition. Even though we’ve been “caught” quite a few times.

Peppermint Santa Cookies at GingerSnapCrafts.com #cookies #recipe #Christmas[4]
Need some new cookie recipes? Go here >>>>
100+ Christmas Cookie Recipes


100 Cookie Recipe Perfect for Christmas #cookies #recipes GingerSnapCrafts.com_thumb[1]

2. Christmas Crafts ~ You wouldn’t of guest that, right? ;) We always do a simple craft this time of year. This year we made these adorable wood slice ornaments. You can see how to make them right {HERE}.

wood slice ornaments at GingerSnapCrafts.com #christmas #ornaments_thumb

3. I always send out Christmas cards. Thanks to Shutterfly for providing our Christmas cards this year! They always do an amazing job. I always include one of those annoying holiday family update letters inside. Do you do that, too? ha! I mainly do it for us. I put a card & letter in each of the kiddos keepsake boxes. I love having a condensed version of what we did all year.

card

Annnnd since my oldest is gone. He got his own Christmas cards to send out. :)

cards for Christmas

4. A new tradition we have recently started is cutting down our own Christmas tree. A Christmas tree farm opened up just down the road from us last year. We had a blast last year, & on Saturday you’ll find us there picking out this year’s tree. I can’t wait! :)

christmas tree

5. We throw a huge Christmas Eve Party. My Grandmother Ault loved Christmas. She also loved spoiling the grandkids with pizza & root beer whenever we came to visit, too. All my siblings & their families (wherever they are) throw a huge pizza party in her honor every year on Christmas Eve.

6. We always have some kind of countdown to Christmas. This year it also doubles as a countdown to when we get to talk to our missionary son. He only calls home on Christmas & Mother’s Day, so I’m a little bit excited about that. :)

Easy Advent Calendar with We R Memory Keepers #wermemorykeepers #advent_thumb

Easy Advent Calendar

7. Raise your hand if you do Christmas pajamas? We do, too! :) Every year when we are out Secret Santa-ing somehow Santa sneaks some pajamas in & places them under the Christmas tree. My kiddos love wearing their new pajamas to bed Christmas Eve.

personalized Christmas pajamas at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Personalized Christmas Pajamas

8. Homemade Gifts are a must too! We have fun making simple gifts to take to teachers, neighbors & friends.

S'more Reindeer Treat Box from GingerSnapCrafts.com #Christmas[5]
Reindeer Treat Boxes

20 Neighbor Gift Ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #linkparty #features[7]

20 Neighbor Gift Ideas

9. This is a recent development within the last few years. ha! Buuuut we have become quite the experts on throwing an amazing hot cocoa bar several times over the holidays. I’ll be sharing some more ideas soon on our latest hot cocoa bar. Yum!

10. Each year we pick a new Christmas song to learn. This year we are learning “Picture a Christmas.” :)

Share some of your favorite traditions on the comments below. I’d love to hear them!

Christmas Traditions at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum