Ginger Snap Crafts: Christ Block {tutorial}

Christ Block {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by http://christmas.mormon.org/.

Hello! Yesterday I shared how we love to spread the joy on Christmas. Annnnd today I am so excited to let you know about the brand new #LIGHTtheWORLD campaign  from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that starts December 1st. For 25 days there will be 25 ways you can serve others. You can sign up {HERE} to get notified when everything begins. Every day they will have a different theme & a different way you can serve like Christ did. For example, day 11’s theme is Jesus Ministered to Children. One service idea to go along with that theme is to put a picture of Christ in your children’s bedrooms, & to teach your children of the Savior’s love for them. My kiddos & I decided to make these Christ Blocks for their bedrooms. We even made one for my missionary son. Let me show you how! :)

Christ Block tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Helives #sharegoodness

#lds #crafts

For this project you will need:
image of Christ 4x6 print
5x7 block of wood
Mod Podge
paint
foam brush
sandpaper
twine

First, I downloaded an image from {HERE}, and then I uploaded it to picmonkey.com, so I could edit it. It’s an awesome little program!

image

Then I added the text “He Lives” using the text tool. I saved it to my computer, & then sent it to the photo lab to be developed.

image

After we picked up our prints, it was time to make our blocks. First, we painted out blocks.

he lives

After the paint dried, we distressed the edges with sandpaper.

wood blocks

Next, we got out some Mod Podge. :)

wood block 1

Put a layer of Mod Podge on first & then put the picture right on top of that. Smooth it out.

wood block tutorial 2

Then put a layer of Mod Podge on top. Let dry.

wood block 3

After it dries completely, tie some twine around the top.

he lives block

My kids loved creating their own block to match their rooms.

#lds #crafts

Be a light this Christmas season. Starting December 1 with a worldwide day of service,
& then #LIGHTtheWORLD throughout the month of December by serving others as Jesus did.

#lighttheworld

Don’t forget to go {HERE} to sign up!
You can find out more ways you can serve. Don’t be shy join in!

Christ Block tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Helives #sharegoodness

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum