Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Homegating Party Ideas

Easy Homegating Party Ideas

This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ClubTysonFFL

Yum

Football season is in full swing! From high school playoffs to your favorite professional team, football is always fun to watch! Annnnnd while you’re watching, you know a little bit of eating will be going on, too! Alright, probably a lot of eating will be going on! ha! Today I’d love to share some Easy Homegate Party Ideas with you. We love to set up in our driveway & use our projector to watch the game on the closed garage door. It’s almost as good as being there in the stadium! ha! So whether, you are homegating or planning a fun get together, these party tips will come in super handy this football season. You’ll have time to feed your guests and watch the game too. Let’s get started!

Homegate party ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #homegating #football

Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips and Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies

Whenever I’m planning for a gathering I have two requirements. 1) It has to be fast & easy to cook. 2) I need a bunch of it. Ha! That’s why I love heading to Sam’s Club when I’m planning a tailgating party or any type of big activity or family get together. I also love that Sam’s Club is super convenient, and I love saving money & time when I shop there. :) While I was at Sam’s Club this time, I picked up a huge 3 ½ lb. bag of Tyson® Fully Cooked Crispy Chicken Strips and a 3 lb. bag of Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages. I used these two as my main dishes, & then I planned my homegating party around it. Let me show you what I did.

My family loves the Crispy Chicken Strips. I love that I can grab them out of the freezer, and in a few minutes they are hot & ready to go. All you have to do is heat & eat. I made this easy Tangy Cream Cheese Dip to go along with them. Let me show you how!

Tangy Cream Cheese Dip at GingerSnapCrafts.com

This dip has a punch to it! For a milder version, use less hot sauce or substitute it for something with a little less fire. Ha!

Tangy Cream Cheese Dip

Ingredients:
3 packages of cream cheese, softened
5 oz. blue cheese crumbles
¼ cup chipotle hot sauce
diced green onions

Put the cream cheese in a mixer. Mix for about 5 minutes or until the cream cheese is really, really creamy. Mix in the chipotle hot sauce. Stir until well blended. Stir in the blue cheese crumbles. Refrigerate. When ready to serve top with chopped green onion. Serve with Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips. Enjoy!

tailgating on game day with Tyson

tailgate party ideas

This next recipe is a staple at any of our family get togethers ~ BBQ Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages.

BBQ Lit'l Smokies at GingerSnapCrafts.com

I’m sure you’ve had these before! Buuuut just in case you haven’t, here’s how I make it. ;)

Ingredients:
1 3lb. Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages
1 28 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce

Pour BBQ sauce over Smoked Sausages in a slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours. If you are in a hurry or run out of time, combine in a baking dish & cook at 350° until warm. Enjoy!

tailgate party

Meat is always the center of attention at our house. Ha! Buuut we did need a few things to go along with our meal, so I served some fresh fruit.

tailgate for football games

Annnnnnd some fresh veggies & dip.

tailgate veggies

For dessert, we had cute mini cupcakes. Yum!

tailgate cupcakes

Now doesn’t that look yummy?

tailgating plate of food

In addition to the food, I also decorated. I made this cute pennant banner using football inspired scrapbook paper & twine. So simple & easy! I also made the cupcake toppers using the same paper. I love how everything was all matchy matchy!

football pennant banner

For the forks & spoons, I had made these cute football inspired mason jars. (Search my blog for football inspired mason jars to see the tutorial.)

tailgate for football

I also made this cute menu board using a 12x12 frame & scrapbook paper.

tailgate menu

I love how it all came together so quickly! I even had time to enjoy the game & the food! Yay! :)

tailgating party ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Are you a big football fan? Have you ever hosted homegating party?
I’d love to hear your tips & tricks. Leave a comment below. :)

Remember to think of Tyson®, Hillshire Farm® & Sam’s Club for your next football party!

Homegate party ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #homegating #football

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.