Ginger Snap Crafts: Wood Slice Ornaments {tutorial}

Wood Slice Ornaments {tutorial}

Good morning! I am so excited to be participating in Craft Lightning this month. Annnnnd this month is all about the holidays! Eek! The holidays can be super busy, so the faster the crafts the better, right? ;) I had some wood slices left over from my wood slice wreath, so I decided to use them to make these super simple & super quick Wood Slice Ornaments. Let’s get started!

wood slice ornaments at GingerSnapCrafts.com #christmas #ornaments

ornaments

For this project you will need:
2 inch wood slices (I found these on Amazon.)
black chalky finish paint
vinyl lettering (I found these images in the Silhouette online store.)
foam paint brush
drill
twine

ornament 1

You could also cut your own wood slices if you wanted to!

ornaments 2

First, I painted my wood slices & let them dry completely.

ornaments 3

Then I applied my vinyl lettering. You can see my how to cut & apply vinyl lettering tutorial right {HERE}.

ornament 4

Next, I drilled a small hole in the very top of each ornament.

ornament 5

The last thing I did was thread some twine through the hole,  & then I tied the ends together.

ornament 6

All done! :)

wood slice crafts

ornaments

For more easy Christmas crafts, check these out by clicking on the pictures below.

Oh Deer! Canvas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Silhouette #SilhouetteRocks #Christmas #crafts_thumb

have yourself a merry little christmas

700 easy-Christmas-tree-ornament-from-Gi[5] (1)

personalized Christmas pajamas at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Be sure to follow Craft Lightning all week long as some of my
favorite bloggers share their super fast & creative holiday crafts!

What crafts are you up to this holiday season? I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. :)

wood slice ornaments at GingerSnapCrafts.com #christmas #ornaments

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.