Ginger Snap Crafts: My Favorite Kitchen Tips

My Favorite Kitchen Tips

Hello, there! What room do you spend the most time in at your home? For me, it’s the kitchen! I am literally in the kitchen all day long! From cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, crafting, helping with homework, taking out the trash, paying bills & everything in between you can find me in there! ha! Keeping my kitchen clean & organized is extremely important to me. Our home just runs better when I have the kitchen in order & the dishes put away. Today I am sharing My Favorite Kitchen Tips. Some of these tips are time saving, some help me save money & some just save my sanity! ha! I’m also sharing a free cut file for some super cute kitchen labels. I also have a pretty awesome coupon from Hefty Ultra Strong to tell you about, too! So let’s get started. :)

kitchen tips at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Tip #1: First things first! ha! Let’s talk about the trash! Nothing is worse than having your trash bag break open getting it out of the kitchen trash can. That can make a clean kitchen or a good morning go down hill super fast! ha! My first tip is to buy quality trash bags. That is why I love Hefty Ultra Strong trash bags. I don’t have to worry about my trash bag ripping. Hefty Ultra Strong trash bags have active tear resistant technology. It’s pretty hard to poke a hole in these bags! Annnnnd even better ~ you can find them at a new low price at Walmart right now! Eek! With its value, scent (Yes, they smell good!) & durability you can’t go wrong with these bags!

Hefty Ultra Strong Trash Bags

Right now you can get an amazing Swagbucks offer when your purchase these trash bags at Walmart. Check this out! Simple purchase two or more Hefty trash bags at Walmart & earn a $10 Walmart gift card! Eek! Get all the details {HERE}. 

trash can

Can I just talk about the scent of these bags for just a minute!?!? I love a good smelling trash can! ha! Annnnd the Arm & Hammer odor neutralizers do not disappoint. They do a wonderful job of keeping our kitchen smelling clean. (Annnnd if you are not a huge fan of scented trash bags you can also find a scent-free option, too!)

scented trash bags

Tip #2: LABELS!!! I label everything. Everything in our kitchen has a spot, & most of these spots are labeled. It makes it so easy to see what we are low on & to see where everything goes.

kitchen labels

I’m sharing the FREE Silhouette Cut File for the same labels I use in our kitchen.
Click the picture below to download them! (For personal use only.)

Free Kitchen Label Cut File at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Tip #3: Get a good step stool! This has saved me so much time in our kitchen. I’m short! ha! Having a handy step stool in your pantry is awesome! No more dragging the kitchen chairs over to the pantry or getting my hubby to help me. Yay!

kitchen stool

Tip #4: Add extra storage where you can! We had a blank wall on one side of our pantry, so I hung some cute metal baskets there to hold extra pens, scissors, tape & dry erase markers. It also has little hooks to hang my kiddos lunch kits on.

kitchen ideas

Above this hangs a dry erase board. Which leads to tip #4: Have a spot to write down things you need from the grocery store. I add things throughout the week. This is so helpful when I go to write our grocery list at the end of the week.

kitchen tips

Tip #5: Containers! I love having a variety of containers & bins to hold items in the pantry & cabinets. I love the uniform look it gives my pantry. Again, I label most of these, too! It makes it super easy when I make our grocery list. I can quickly see what we are low on.

pantry organization

Tip #6: A kitchen is not just for eating or storing food. We do all of our craft projects & homework at the kitchen table. So it just makes sense to have a shelf in our pantry devoted to the kiddos craft supplies & school supplies. It’s so handy to have everything right there! I also put it on the lowest shelf, so the kiddos can just grab what they need when they need it.

pantry storage

Tip #7: Find extra storage spots in unconventional places. I hung these cute baskets underneath our kitchen cabinets. I have one that holds sprinkles & the another one that holds spices.

spice rack

Tip #8: Make a simple charging station! On the other side of the kitchen I made a simple charging station with a bar, S hooks & buckets. I love this! Every night I have the kiddos turn in their phones by putting their phones in their buckets. It makes it so easy to see who’s phone is missing. I also have a spot for our tablets. Annnnd yes, I painted our backsplash with chalkboard paint! ;)

charging station

Tip #9: Make your kitchen a happy place! I love displaying happy quotes & family photos. I love hanging my kiddos artwork on the fridge. You spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Give yourself something happy to look at! :)

sign for kitchen

Tip #10: Have a spot for meal planning. I made this simple meal planning calendar using a 12x12 frame & a sheet of calendar scrapbook paper with a piece of glass over it. You can use a dry erase marker to write your family’s meals on it & then erase it over & over again.

dinner plans

What are some of your favorite kitchen tips? I’d love to hear them in the comments below! :) Don’t forget about the special Swagbucks offer. Purchase two or more Hefty Ultra Strong trash bags at Walmart & earn a $10 Walmart gift card! Get all the details {HERE}.

Hefty Ultra Strong Trash Bags

Have a happy day! See you back here tomorrow! :)

kitchen tips at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.