Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Wooden Arrows {tutorial}

DIY Wooden Arrows {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by ProFlowers.

Hello! Hello! It feels like I had a huge break from blogging! We had an amazing weekend. My oldest son graduated from high school, my parents were in town & we had a blast spending some time together UNPLUGGED! It was nice to have a little break! Now I’m back at it! ha! This year I am helping out with Girl’s Camp crafts (again!). This year we are simplifying a little bit & just offering two crafts. These DIY Wooden Arrows are one the easy crafts we are doing! I think the girls will enjoy making their own arrow & personalizing it to make it their own. I’m also sharing a fun project that ProFlowers has been working on, too. So keep reading for all the fun details!

DIY Wooden Arrows at GingerSnapCrafts.com #arrows #tutorial

For this project you will need just a few supplies! First, you will need a 1x2 & a 1x4 (for the point of the arrow) cut to the following lengths & angles. 1x2s & 1x4s are super cheap! Yay! That makes this a great girl’s camp or girl’s night out project. Yay for cheap crafts! ;) TIP: Make sure you angle the end pieces after you cut them to length to a 45° angle on both ends.

arrow

You'll also need:

  • scrapbook paper
  • paper trimmer
  • pencil
  • decoupage
  • foam paint brushes
  • paint
  • wire brads (1 1/2 inch)
  • hammer
  • wood glue      
  • sand paper   
  • drill & bit

First, trace you arrow point & end pieces onto scrapbook paper with a pencil. Cut out with a paper trimmer.                                 

arrow tutorial

arrows are cute

Next, paint your wood. Let dry. Distress if desired with sand paper.

diy tutorial

Another tip….be sure to pre-drill your holes before nailing your pieces together. Cheap wood also means it will split easy. You don’t want that!

wood arrow tutorial

TIP: I put just a little bit of wood glue between the wood pieces before I nailed everything together. This was to give the arrow a little bit more strength. We didn’t want these falling apart on the girls later on! You also can arrange the end pieces one of two ways. I’m not sure which way I like best. What do you think?

wood glue

Finally, decoupage the paper onto to the front & back of your arrows. Let dry!

arrows wood tutorial

mod podge arrows

Aren’t they cute??!! I can’t wait for the girls to put them together at camp. :)

arrows for camp

I am so excited to let you know about another pretty project! Proflowers is teaming up with AllAcrossAfrica.org to create a beautiful collection of exclusive handmade vases that are uniquely crafted by artisans in Rwanda. All Across Africa is a fair trade organization that is dedicated to empowering communities by providing employment and education – and ultimately hope to the people of Africa. These vases are beautiful! I love the colors. Check out my beautiful bouquet of pretty tulips. They match the vase perfectly! It’s such a happy arrangement of flowers. :)

proflowers


When you give the gift of a ProFlowers All Across Africa bouquet, you are giving so much more than a gift of pretty flowers, you are participating in the transformative power of giving. The ProFlowers All Across Africa Collection will provide healthcare for 18,000+ people and just one ProFlowers All Across Africa vase will provide a child with the opportunity to attend school for 2 months. That is simply amazing! Click {HERE} to shop. Let me know what your favorite arrangement is in the comments below! I definately have a thing for the tulips! ha!

all across africa

Be sure to check back in tonight for {wow me} wednesday! See you then!

DIY Wooden Arrows at GingerSnapCrafts.com #arrows #tutorial

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.