Ginger Snap Crafts: Stenciled Sports Pillow {tutorial}

Stenciled Sports Pillow {tutorial}

Good morning! Today I am so excited to be partnering with some of my favorite bloggers to celebrate National Craft Month. Eek! Annnnd a huge shout out goes to Jen Goode for organizing all the fun. Be sure to check out her blog for all the details & to see more crafty ideas. Today’s theme is painted crafts! You guys know how much I love paint! So today I am excited to share this simple Stenciled Sports Pillow tutorial with you! So let’s get started!

Stenciled Sports Pillows at GingerSnapCrafts.com #stenciled #pillows #homedecor

decoart1

Supplies:
SoSoft® Fabric Paint* from DecoArt (Brown, Christmas Red, Lamp Black & Tangerine)
vinyl stencils (I used my (affiliate) Silhouette to make mine.)
1" foam brush
paper plate
blank pillowcases (I found these at Hobby Lobby.)

*This is the BEST fabric paint ever! Just like the name…if dries so soft!

Wash and iron the pillowcases according to the SoSoft packaging directions. Then I cut my stencils out using my Silhouette & some vinyl. You could also use contact paper. Then on a flat surface, stick the stencil to the pillow case in the corner. Smooth out any bubbles so that all edges are nice & sealed. We don’t want any paint bleeding through.

decoart1

Using a foam brush, dab the red paint all over the stencil.

decoart3

While the paint is still damp carefully remove your stencil. Repeat on the other corner, and then you are all done! Yay!

deocart4

Then just repeat the steps to make just about any sports pillow you can dream up!

decoart baseball pillowdecoart basketball pillowdecoart football pillowsdecoart soccer pillow

Click the button below to see more painted projects
& to have lots more fun for National Craft Month. Enjoy!

National Craft Month Series with 100Directions.com

How are you celebrating National Craft Month?
Leave a comment below. I’d love to hear! :)

Stenciled Sports Pillows at GingerSnapCrafts.com #stenciled #pillows #homedecor

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.