Ginger Snap Crafts: Can Stilts {kid craft}

Can Stilts {kid craft}

This post is brought to you by DecoArt.

Good morning! We have been on spring break all week! Eek! So fun! I love doing fun things with my kiddos. Annnnd I really love when we have more time to be together & try out new things like these easy Can Stilts. These were a hit with my kiddos, & I know your kiddos would love to make their own pair, too. So keep reading to see how easy these are to put together. So let’s get started! :)

can stilts at GingerSnapCrafts.com #upcycle #recycle #kidcraft @decoart

supplies

Supplies:
DecoArt Multi-surface Paint
large tin can (washed & dried)
foam paint brushes
rope
scissors
metal bottle opener

First, paint your cans a fun color. I love this multi-surface paint from DecoArt. You can literally paint anything with it, & it has great coverage. You can find out all about this amazing paint {HERE}. You can buy it at just about any craft store, too.

can

Next, we used a round foam brush to stencil polka dots all over the cans.

paint

polka dots

Let it all dry. Then punch two holes on either side of the cans with a bottle opener.

how to make can stilts

Then thread the rope through the holes & tie with a square knot.

kid craft

TIP: I used my kiddo to measure how long to cut my ropes.

kids crafts

Now it’s time for some fun! Stilt races would be a super fun game to play!

can stiltsIMG_1103can stilts 2

Here are some more of my favorite kid crafts. Check them out!

DIY Travel Bag for Kids at GingerSnapCrafts.com

DIY Travel Bag

coffee-filter-butterflies-from-Ginge

Coffee Filter Butterflies

tie dye balloon flip flops at GingerSnapCrafts.com #crafts #kids #kidscraft

Tie Dye Balloon Flip Flops

15 Fun Ideas for Your Kids at GingerSnapCrafts.com #kids #kidactivities

15 Fun Ideas for Your Kids

Let me know what fun things your kiddos are up to this spring!
I know my kiddos would love to try new things. :)

can stilts at GingerSnapCrafts.com #upcycle #recycle #kidcraft @decoart

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.