Ginger Snap Crafts: Paper Twins {kid craft}

Paper Twins {kid craft}

Good morning! I am so excited to be participating in Craft Lightning (crafts you can do in 15 minutes or less!) this month. Today we are all sharing kids crafts that can be completed in 15 minutes or less (minus dry time). So I am excited to share a fun activity my younger kiddos & I did together this past summer center around our bodies. My kiddos had so much fun talking about how important & unique their body was. Then they had just as much fun making a Paper Twin that looked “just” like them. So keep reading to see what we did!

Paper Twins from GingerSnapCrafts.com #papercrafts #kidscraft

body kid craft

First, I cut out these body shapes using my [ad] Silhouette & white cardstock. Then I gave my kiddos scissors, construction paper, glue, tape, glitter glue, wiggly eyes, markers & crayons. Annnd I let them get creative! They went a little crazy with the glitter glue! ha! I love how my son added some yellow & brown hair just like his is.

body kid #craft

They came up with the name “paper twin” for their creations. It stuck!

#kidcraft

While we waited on the glue to dry we read some of favorite books about our bodies!

reading books

Some of our favorite books are:
My Feet by Aliki
My Five Senses by Aliki
I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
I’m Growing by Aliki
The Body Book by Shelley Rotner & Stephen Calcagnino

my body books
I hope you try this activity out with your kiddos! Let me know if you do!
Be sure to click the button below for more crafts you can do in minutes.

Paper Twins from GingerSnapCrafts.com #papercrafts #kidscraft 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.