Ginger Snap Crafts: Snack & Beverage Station {tutorial} #SidelineHero

Snack & Beverage Station {tutorial} #SidelineHero

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#SidelineHero #CollectiveBias

Good morning! How was your weekend? Awesome, I hope! :) We are in a super busy time of year right now! Three of our kiddos are in soccer. Whew! So we were busy running from practices to games & back again this weekend. ha! It’s a whole lot of work, but it’s a whole lot of fun, too! I love watching them out on the field running with a big smile on their face having a blast! When they come off the field they are definitely in need of a way to refuel. That’s why I created the ultimate soccer sideline kit with POWERADE® & some fresh produce to help them get rehydrated & ready to do it all over again. I’m going to show you how I made this easy Snack & Beverage Station. It is perfect to use on the sideline! So let’s get started!

Snack & Beverage Station Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DIY #soccer #snacks

soccer playing time

Before we head out to the soccer fields we always grab a drink, shin guards, soccer shoes & our ball. POWERADE® is the perfect drink choice for game day. It’s ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Annnd boy are my kiddos sweaty! ha! POWERADE® is also formulated with Vitamins B3, B6, & B12 to support energy metabolism, and a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles. :)

soccer games

My kiddos have been playing soccer for years. It all started when my oldest was in 2nd grade about 10 years ago. He was a little unsure at first, & I think he spent more time picking dandelions in the field than playing! ha! He eventually got the hang of it! This year my youngest son is playing his first year. Boy! Time flies!

soccer goalie

Rylan (in the blue) is the soccer star in our family! He loves it! We can always count on him to score a goal or two in games. This is his 5th year playing. He’s a rock star!

soccer time

Cara, my youngest, daughter is also having a great time. This is her first year playing as well. She played her best game ever this past Saturday. She even got to play goalie for a little bit. You should of seen the smile on her face. :)

soccer
When my kiddos come off the field they are both thirsty & hungry, so that’s why I decided to create the ultimate sideline kit that we could use each week at soccer. I fill it to the top with fresh fruit & lots of POWERADE® for the whole team.

powerade & fruitproduce at Walmartproduce for soccer snack

I was inspired by this beverage station, & I found most of the supplies to make this snack & beverage station at Walmart. They have some cute stuff right now! ;)

Supplies:
ice bucket (Walmart)
drink dispenser stand (Walmart)
18 inch x 1 1/4 inch galvanized pipe
coarse sandpaper
(2) 1 1/4 inch galvanized floor flange
adhesive

drink station supplies

I used the sandpaper to roughen up a spot right in the middle of the large ice bucket. Following the package directions I glued on the flange. Then I screwed in the pipe. It goes right in.

#drink station

Then I screwed the second flange right on top of the pipe. Then using the adhesive I glued the drink dispenser stand right on top.

#drinkstation #diy

This is how it looked from underneath.

drink station

Then I stuck a gallon paint can inside to give it just a little bit of pressure, and then I let it dry for 24 hours. That’s it. Super easy!

how to make a drink station

When game day rolled around I filled it with ice.

beverage station

I used the large bottom bucket to hold all the POWERADE®.

powerade sports drink

In the top I put cuties & 2 kinds of apples, so the kiddos can just grab what they wanted.

fruit for snacks 
You can buy just about everything you need to make this Ultimate Sideline Kit at Walmart. Look for the new 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE® packages in the drink aisle.

POWERADE at Walmart

“No matter who you are, we all started from the same place – just a kid from somewhere. POWERADE® believes that we all have the ability to power through and reach our athletic potential. POWERADE® is teaming up with the Boys and Girls Club, providing the belief, emotional and physical support, and hydration young athletes need to perform.”

powerade

You can keep in touch with POWERADE® on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & YouTube.

Look for a coupon in store for the 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE® packages, & you can get $1 off Walmart fresh produce when you buy two 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE®. Hurry this deal is only available while supplies lasts!

soccer is fun

I've shared what I put inside my ultimate sideline kit. Let me know how your family prepares for game day & what you would include in the ultimate sideline kit. I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. :)

Snack & Beverage Station Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DIY #soccer #snacks

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.