Ginger Snap Crafts: Mexican Fiesta Dip {recipe}

Mexican Fiesta Dip {recipe}

This post is brought to you by CansGetYouCooking.com I am a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
#cansgetYOUcooking

Hello! Happy Friday! As you know I have been asked to be a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking® this year! Eek! I’m so excited. I know I use tons of can foods in my cooking & love to stock my “cantry” with all kinds of can goods to use in my family’s favorite meals. So far I’ve shared an easy (& skinny) chicken salad wrap recipe & a yummy peanut butter chocolate cup recipe. Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for a yummy Mexican Fiesta Dip. This dish would make a great appetizer at your next party, & it is even hearty enough to eat for lunch. It’s full of lots of protein & incredible flavor. I’ll also be sharing some tips for healthy, homemade meals & snacks. So keep reading! :)

Mexican Fiesta Dip at GingerSnapCrafts.com #cansgetyoucooking

chips & dip

For this recipe you will need:

(2) cans Bush’s Best Black Beans, drained
(1) can Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
(1) can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
4oz. can of Diced Green Chiles, drained
1 avocado, pitted & chopped
2 tbs. diced cilantro
1 cup salsa

Click here for a printer friendly version of this recipe.

This recipe is based on this one I found on the Cans Get You Cooking website.

cans get you cooking

First, you will mix the drained veggies (black beans, corn, diced tomatoes & green chiles) together with 1 cup of salsa. Cover & chill in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours. I chilled mine overnight.

mix the veggies

Right before you are going to serve your dip, toss in the chopped avocado & the cilantro. Mix gently.

how to make dip

Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy! :)

salsa recipechips & dip

I love that this dish is healthy, low fat, has lots of protein & veggies (& plus it’s delicious!). Sometimes it can be hard to always serve healthy, homemade meals & snacks like this one that your family will actually eat. I loved checking out the Cans Get You Cooking website for some tips for healthy, homemade meals & snacks. I learned that if your start with a well stocked pantry that can make all the difference. I try to have lots of different things in our pantry that I know my family will eat like canned tuna, corn, chili & carrots. Another tip is to get creative. Change things up & try some new food combinations. Also, when you involve the kiddos in food preparation they are more likely to eat what you are cooking. I love having my kiddos help me cook in the kitchen. My older two can cook a complete meal by themselves. That is so nice. ha! Also, having some go to family favorite recipes on hand makes it easy to whip up something quick on those busy weeknights. Using the slow cooker is also a big help in our kitchen. Every single Sunday is crock pot day at our house. I love the little break from being in the kitchen it gives me. You can find more fun & creative tips to serving healthy food to your family {HERE}.

Canned foods make homemade easy!

Canned foods mean less prep and year-round availability, making healthy, homemade meals a reality, more often.

A well-stocked pantry – your “Cantry ” – helps you get through the week with creative meals you can feel good about serving your family and friends.

You can also follow Cans Get You Cooking on facebook, twitter, pinterest & YouTube.

Check out my other #cansgetYOUcooking recipes by clicking the pictures below. :)

peanut butter & chocolate chip cups at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Skinny Chicken Salad Wraps at GingerSnapCrafts.com

What are some of your family’s favorite meals?
What can foods are staples in your “cantry”?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :)

Mexican Fiesta Dip at GingerSnapCrafts.com #cansgetyoucooking

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.