Ginger Snap Crafts: Color Blocked Garden Pots {tutorial}

Color Blocked Garden Pots {tutorial}

This post was first seen over on The Creative Studio by Canvas Corp Brands.

Good morning! Spring has arrived, and summer will be here soon! Yay! We have been working outside in our garden a bunch! When we first got married I would always kill everything I tried to plant! ha! I have gotten a little bit better since then. ;) Thank goodness! I really enjoy working outside now. We have a ton of strawberries starting to turn red. Making some strawberry jam is next on the list! Today I’d love to show you how I made these simple Color Blocked Garden Pots. These would look cute in your home or garden. They’d make a great gift idea, too. I used the amazing High Impact Mixed Media Paints from Tattered Angels. These paints are so fun to use, & they would be perfect for your next project. So let’s get started.

Color Blocked Garden Pots at GingerSnapCrafts.com

color blocked pots

You’ll need a few supplies:

cc supplies

First, you will paint your pots one solid color! :) High Impact Mixed Media paint is the thickest paint in the Tattered Angels family. I love it! This opaque paint has excellent coverage with lots of fun color. It also leaves a nice shine once dried. Fancy! ;) Before you start painting make sure you shake your paint for best results.

cc garden pots

I did two coats on my pots letting the paint dry between coats. After everything was nice & dried it was time to do some color blocking! It’s super easy. Tape off the areas you want to paint a different color. There is no right or wrong way to do this! You can do stripes, diagonals…..whatever! Have fun! :)

cc painting

Then paint the contrasting color on! I needed two coats to get a nice even coverage. After the paint has dried remove the tape leaving your new design behind. :)

cc how to color block a pot

The only thing left to do was to plant some fun plants. I’m trying succulents *again*! I think I’m the only one that can’t keep them alive! I’m still developing my gardening skills. ha! Do you have any tips? If you do, let me know in the comments below. ;)

color blocked potshow to color blockColor Blocked Garden Pots at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.