Ginger Snap Crafts: Ruffled Lamp Shade with LED Power {tutorial} #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

Ruffled Lamp Shade with LED Power {tutorial} #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

Hello! How are you? Awesome, I hope! Well, today I’m excited to share something fun I  found while shopping at Target last week ~ super bright LEDs light bulbs from GE. Some of these bulbs can last over 20+ years! Isn’t that awesome? Just think of the savings you’d have if you didn’t have to shop for light bulbs for over 20 years. It could really add up quick! :) I’m also excited to show you my latest DIY project with lots of LED power ~ a cute ruffled lamp shade. So keep reading to see how I made it! Annnnd I’ll tell you more about these light bulbs & where you can go to get a coupon! ;)

Ruffled Lamp Shade Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #tutorial #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias #cbias #shop

energy smart GE LED light bulbs at Target #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

GE LEDs are the new way to light your home! One LED bulb lasts as long as 15 traditional incandescent bulbs and uses 80% less energy! Wow! You can check out this energy savings calculator to see exactly how much energy you’d be saving by switching to these bulbs. I also like to use them in our home because I love how they have a warm, soft white light(no harsh lighting!), and it’s super nice that they don’t get hot while on! {Click here to learn LOTS more about LED bulbs.}

#LEDSavings #lighting GE LED bright light bulbs

#LEDSavings #shop

On the same day I swung by Target for light bulbs I also had dropped by the craft store. These ruffles were just calling my name! haha! I have a thing for ruffles. ;) Annnnd they gave me a bright idea ~ a ruffled lamp shade for my girls’ room. :)

ruffles are too cute

For this project you will need:
a lamp shade
ruffles
hot glue & hot glue gun

#CollectiveBias #shop

This project is so easy, and it will literally take you under 20 minutes from start to finish! ;) You’ll start out by hot gluing your first row of ruffles on.

#LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

Then keep adding row after row. Make sure your ruffles are touching slightly. You don’t want to see the lamp shade between the ruffles. :) You don’t really need a ton of hot glue ~ just a dab every 2-3 inches to hold everything in place.

how to make a ruffled lamp shade#LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

In a few minutes you’ll have a nice ruffled lampshade from top to bottom. I really love how it turned out! So bright & fun. My hubby thinks it’s a little wild. haha! ;) My 7 year old daughter thought it was fancy! She loves it in her room. I think it’s kind of cute & spunky just like her. ;)

ruffle #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

Does this lamp look a little bit familiar? You might remember seeing it in this lamp makeover post from not too long ago. What can I say I’m always changing things around here. :)

lamp shade makeover #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias

The last thing I did was add a new LED power GE light bulb to the lamp. Now we were all set in the light bulb department for a very long time to come! Who knows how many times I’ll makeover the lamp though! ha! ;)

GE LED light bulb Ruffled Lamp Shade Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #tutorial #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias #cbias #shop

You can keep in touch with GE Lighting on facebook, twitter, instagram & at www.gelighting.com. Also, be sure to follow the hashtag #LEDSavings for some more fun DIY lighting projects using these amazing bulbs. :)

energy smart light bulbs from Target

You can download a coupon for these light bulbs below!

GE light bulb coupon #LEDSavings #shop

Update: You can also download a $2 off LED coupon on Target.com:  {HERE}

Ruffled Lamp Shade Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #tutorial #LEDSavings #CollectiveBias #cbias #shop

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.