Ginger Snap Crafts: Chalkboard Easter Eggs {tutorial}

Chalkboard Easter Eggs {tutorial}

Hello! I’m so excited to share my first Easter project with you today. I had fun updating my chalkboard eggs from last year with some Americana Clear Chalkboard Coating & Americana acrylic paints to turn these wooden eggs into cute, colorful chalkboard eggs! (Do you remember when I used this same coating back at Valentine’s Day to make an I love you because…. block?) It’s really a lot of fun to use! So keep reading to find out more. :)

chalkboard eggs #Easter #kidscraft #chalk #decoart

chalkboard eggs #craft #spring #chalkboard

For this project you’ll need:
wooden eggs
Americana Acrylic Paints ~ I used soft blue, margarita, carousel pink, purple cow, Bahama blue, limeade, banana cream & coral blush.
foam brushes
chalk
Americana clear chalkboard coating

chalkboardCoating2

First you’ll paint your eggs with the acrylic paint. It took 2 coats of paint to get a nice coverage.

chalkboard eggs

Then after the paint is dried, you’ll paint on a coat of the clear coating up & down. Let the coating dry for 1 hour.

chalkboard Easter eggs

Then you’ll paint on more coat of coating on the egg. This time you will paint going horizontally instead of up & down. Let the paint cure for 24 hours. Then condition the chalkboard surface by rubbing lightly over the whole egg with a piece chalk & then wiping off. Now you can decorate your eggs over & over again. My kiddos have so much fun with these! ;)

chalkboard eggs #Easter #kidscraft #chalk #decoart

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.