Ginger Snap Crafts: DecoArt Chalkboard Coating {tutorial}

DecoArt Chalkboard Coating {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by DecoArt.

Hello! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! We had a couple of kiddos under the weather. Bleh! :( So hopefully we are all on the mend this week. :) One of the products I’ve been dying to try is the DecoArt Chalkboard Coating. Have you seen it yet? It’s amazing! You can turn just about any surface into a chalkboard. :) Just think of all of the possibilities with this one! So keep reading to see how easy it was to make this I love you because….chalkboard wood block. :)

DecoArt Chalkboard Coating Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #chalkboard #decoart #tutorial #spon

I love you because chalkboard wood block #valentine #chalkboard #tutorial #decoart #spon

Supplies:
wood block
I love you because vinyl piece
Americana acrylic paint in Snow (Titanium) White & Peony Pink
Americana Clear Chalkboard Coating
foam brushes
DecoArt Decoupage

supplies #decoart #chalkboard #spon

To make my block of wood I used the exact same stenciling technique that I used to make this stenciled sign. So check out that tutorial to see my stenciling secret. ;) After the paint is dried & stenciling is done it’s time for some chalkboard fun. :)

Decoart Chalkboard Coating #spon

Using a foam brush I applied my chalkboard coating up & down. Let the paint dry for an hour. Then I painted another coat back & forth in the opposite direction. Then I let my coating dry for 24 hours.

turn anything into a chalkboard #spon

Then I conditioned my writing surface by rubbing a piece of chalk lightly over the block of wood & then erasing.

chalkboared #spon

Now we were ready to use our chalkboard! Isn’t that the coolest thing ever? ha! ;)

#valentine #spon

What ideas do you have for using chalkboard coating? I’d love to hear! :)

DecoArt Chalkboard Coating Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #chalkboard #decoart #tutorial #spon

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.