Ginger Snap Crafts: Personalized Baby Blanket with Silhouette Sewable Interfacing {tutorial}

Personalized Baby Blanket with Silhouette Sewable Interfacing {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Silhouette.

One Monday I showed you how to use the Silhouette Clean Cut Fabric Interfacing, and today I’d love to show how I used the Silhouette Sewable Fabric Interfacing to make this personalized baby blanket. (I originally shared this over at Simply Kierste a few months ago!)

One of my sister's just had a little baby boy ~ Owen! (You can check out the diaper cake I made him.)
He is so adorable! They live in Texas (out in the country), & his daddy loves tractors! So I decided to make Owen his own tractor blanket with his name on it. This blanket is so, so easy to make! I don't sew much....so if I can make this YOU can, too!
 


 
For this project you'll need:
  • about 2 yards of matching flannel material (1 yard of each design/color)
  • sewing machine
  • needles, thread & scissors
  • Silhouette Sewable Fabric Interfacing
  • Silhouette Portrait or Cameo

Here’s how I made the blanket:

one ~ Lay your material on a flat surface right sides together.
two ~ Pin all the way around the edges to hold the material in place.
three ~ Sew around the edges of the blanket with a straight stitch.
four ~ Make sure you leave about a 6 inch gap open.
five ~ Trim the corners with some scissors.
six ~ Turn your blanket right side out by grabbing
the far corner & pulling it through the opening.
(You can push your corners out using a blunt pair of scissors.)
seven ~ After ironing your seams to make sure they are
nice & smooth, sew around the edge of your blanket.
You're done!

I wanted to add Owen's name to the blanket,
so I cut out some letters using my Silhouette Cameo.
I used the Silhouette Sewable Interfacing when I cut out my letters.
You use it the same way you use the the Clean Cut Fabric Interfacing.
{You can see that tutorial here.}
The only difference is that you can sew this interfacing on & wash it!
 
 
I ironed down the letters to keep them in place.
Then I just hand stitched them in place! Super easy!
 
 
I Owen LOVED his new blanket!
 
Be sure to check out how I used
the Clean Cut Fabric Interfacing to make this tote bag.

Monogrammed Tote using Silhouette Fabric Interfacing @gingersnapcrafts #tutorial #Silhouette

Remember you only have one more day left to take
advantage of these ah-mazing Silhouette Fabric Bundle deals!!!
Just go HERE & use the code GINGERSNAP.
 
Silhouette Promotion {May 23-31}

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.