Ginger Snap Crafts: Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps {recipe} #inspiremydinner #CBias #spon

Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps {recipe} #inspiremydinner #CBias #spon

If you follow me on instagram you might of noticed that our family got a special delivery in the mail this past week from Tyson Foods. Yes, we had some yummy chicken delivered right to our front door. Now that was a first! :) We were able to sample Tyson Foods’ brand new line of marinated chicken breasts that will be available this coming week at Walmart. Yay!;)

I used some of the chicken to make these super easy & yummy Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps. This is a healthy & quick dinner recipe that your family will love.  Seriously, they were so delicious! #InspireMyDinner

Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps (recipe from gingersnapcrafts.com)

chicken wraps

On April 13th you will be able to find both the Smokey Steakhouse & Southwest Pepper Trio Seasoned Chicken Breast exclusively at your local Walmart. So be on the look out for that!

Update: I was able to go to Walmart & purchase some more of the Tyson Seasoned Chicken Breast in the frozen section after they were available in stores. Just in time, too! We had run out, and we needed more! ;)

#inspiremydinner

For this recipe you’ll need:

3 Southwest Pepper Trio Seasoned Chicken Breast, cooked
3 avocados
1 lime
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (10 oz.)
1 tsp salt
a dash of pepper
1/2 cup chopped white onion
whole wheat tortillas
1 pkg. baby spinach leaves

tyson chicken #inspiremydinner

First I put my 3 chicken breast in the oven to bake.  These chicken breast smelled soooo good even before I put them in the oven to cook, so you can just imagine what they smelled like as they cooked! Delicious! ;)

While the chicken was cooking I made some homemade guacamole. I found this recipe while I was shopping at Walmart! It was on the display near the avocados, so I snapped a picture with my phone, so I would remember how to make it once I got home. ha! ;)

guacamole recipe
I mixed together the 3 avocados, 1 can of drained Rotel tomatoes, 1/2 cup of diced white onion, juice from 1 lime, 1 teaspoon of salt & then just a dash of pepper. I stirred all that together, & then set it aside.

Tyson chicken

Once my chicken was ready I sliced it into thin strips.  This seriously was one of the most tender & juiciest pieces of chicken I have ever seen.  I even sneaked a bite while I was slicing it up, & it did not disappoint! Pure yumminess! ;)

Next I warmed up my whole wheat tortillas in the microwave until they were warm. Then I layered baby spinach leaves, guacamole & then the chicken strips on top.

#inspiremydinner chicken wrap

Then I rolled them up & cut them in half. Served them with some corn, chips & homemade salsa. It was the perfect dinner, & the Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps were a hit with my family. They loved them! :)

chicken wraps for dinner

Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps (recipe from gingersnapcrafts.com)

Don’t forget you can find both of these varieties
of marinated chicken breast this week at Walmart!

You can connect with Tyson Foods on facebook, twitter & at Tyson.com.

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This recipe & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and Tyson Foods. All opinions are my own. #cbias #SocialFabric