Ginger Snap Crafts: Duck Tape® Clutch {tutorial} #StuckAtProm #spon

Duck Tape® Clutch {tutorial} #StuckAtProm #spon

This post brought to you by Duck® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.

I think we've all seen someone who LOVES using Duck Tape®  to make purses, wallets, flowers....just about anything! Well, prom season is just around the corner & Duck Tape® is sponsoring a fun Stuck at Prom® Contest! Doesn't that sound fun? More details will be below...so keep reading. ;)

Buuut before we get to that I'd love to show you how I made this cute prom inspired clutch in under 30 minutes!
 
 
 
Duck Tape® comes in over 140 different patterns & colors. I was lucky enough to receive a box of fun Duck Tape®. I guess, I should say my girls were!  They quickly claimed the tape for themselves, but not before I made this cute clutch. This project was so easy & quick to make!
 
 
The first thing I did was make some Duck Tape® fabric. 
 
1. I chose to make my clutch in two different colors. So first I laid out the purple duck tape on a flat surface sticky side up. Make sure you overlap your Duck Tape® just a little bit, so you have a strong bond.
 
2. Then over the top I layered this cool animal print Duck Tape® sticky side down.
 

 

3. I trimmed the edges with an X-ACTO knife & a ruler.
 
4. Now I had a great piece of Duck Tape® fabric to work with. :)
 
The rest was pretty easy.  I folded one end up. Leaving a little on top for my clutch's flap.
 
 
Then I taped up the edges with some purple Duck Tape®. Isn't that a fun print on the inside?
 
 
Then I added a piece of the printed Duck Tape® around the middle of my clutch all the way around for some fun decoration & a pop of color.
 
 
Then I added some sticky back Velcro on the front flap so it would stay in place when closed.
 
 
Then I added a fun handle on the clutch made with the two different kinds of Duck Tape® stuck together & trimmed down just a little.
 
 
Then I hot glued a button right on front! Cute! :)
 
 
I think it would look really cute Stuck at Prom®. Don't you?
 
 
Perfect for holding those little things that you can't leave home without!
 
 
The  Duck Tape® Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest
includes over $40,000 in cash scholarships up for grabs!
Entry is simple. You just upload your Duck Tape® inspired prom attire,
and then the project with the most vote wins!
You can find out all the information & rules at Stuck at Prom®.
 

Hope you'll consider entering, & good luck!
Let me know if you make anything for Stuck at Prom®. :)
I'd love to see it!
 

Visit Sponsor's Site

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.