Ginger Snap Crafts: My Snap Roomie #snapsnippets #snapconf

My Snap Roomie #snapsnippets #snapconf

Tomorrow I’ll be headed on a jet plane to Utah for Snap blogging conference! Eek! I haven’t been on a plane all by myself since I was 19! ha! So I hope I make all my connections & actually make it to Utah! :) I actually have a stop in Memphis on the way there & a 3 hour layover in Minneapolis on the way home. Annnd if you know where I live both of those are in totally opposite directions from Utah! Kind of crazy!

I thought it would be fun to introduce you to my Snap roomie ~ my little sister, Megan. She is fun, bright, outgoing, spontaneous & fabulous….a perfect contrast to her shy & kind of boring older sister! ha! ;) #snapsnippets #snapconf

#snapconf #snapsnippets

sisters
A little background about our crazy family! I am the oldest of 7….all girls & one boy. My brother was so lucky growing up….always had his own room & never had to share clothes. ha! Today’s his birthday, too! So happy birthday, Josh! (He’s an awesome TV reporter in Knoxville, Tennessee!) I’m so proud of my little bro! :)

Live2
We are all the best of friends, and I absolutely love my sisters & brother. Growing up I didn’t really have a lot of girlfriends…I had my sisters. It was great! Megan is the youngest of the bunch. I was 12 years old & in the 6th grade when Megan was born. I remember watching all the younger kids while my mom & dad went to the hospital to have Megan.

I was on the waiting list for a Snap ticket, & late one night I got an email from Snap saying a ticket was available. Eek! So what did I do? I messaged my Utah sister on facebook & woke her up! ;)

imageimageimage

So anyways I listen to my sister, & I bought my ticket. ;) Then I got cold feet about going alone, somehow talked Megan into going with me & found her a ticket as well! I don’t think we ever had any one on one time just me & her. So this is going to be so awesome!

sisters_452680089_n

(Here’s a picture my sister, Ally, my mom, Megan & me last month in Dallas.)

1094_10100302766206278_685579589_n

I credit Megan with getting me involved in blogging! ha! Way back in the day she convinced me to start a Xanga site (remember those?). Megan has also had several blogs since then as well. She’s an awesome photographer. You can check out her photography blog here or here. Last year she had a life changing event happen. One of her closest friends committed suicide. About a month later Megan started a new blog ~ We Laugh- Making a Difference Together.

image

It’s mission is:

image

Here’s a little bit from Megan:

My name is Megan Ault and on May 12, 2012 I lost a best friend to suicide. My whole world has been turned upside down. It was something I never thought I would experience - especially to him. He was the type of friend anyone would be lucky to have - he was smart, intelligent, funny, cute, caring, and all those good things. He knew how to listen when your world was upside down; he knew how to make you laugh so hard your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I love him so much and miss him ever day that he's not here. 

My world is forever changed.

As the last weeks have gone by, so many friends and family have come forth with their own stories - of struggles and of joy. Everywhere someone is suffering, experiencing joy, everywhere someone is experiencing their life - and together we can learn, grow, and share. This is the purpose for We laugh. It is a place for us to come together and really share our lives - to know we aren't alone in this world. That there is a reason for you to be here and that people really do care. 

So it is important message for me to share, for people specifically the youth of this world to know of their amazing abilities, talents, goals, and the future they have ahead of them - it is so great! It is a struggle. Every day is a struggle sometimes, but when you believe in yourself and you grasp the concept of who you are - you then have hope and you have faith that everything will be better. I just have all the hope in the world, that people will realize their potential and realize that people care and love them so much!
I know now that I have friends and family that have come to know me, love me, and accept me for me - all my good and bad parts. And most of all, I believe in me.

This blog is for people to come share and read about other people. To know that it's okay to let your walls come down and to really show who you really are.

image

Yep, she is pretty wonderful! :)

You can connect with We Laugh here:
blog ~ facebook ~ twitter ~ instagram

Now I’d better get back to packing! :)

If you are going to Snap I’ll see you there.
If you’re not going, follow me or Megan on instagram
hastags: #snapsnippets #snapconf
& you’ll see what these two crazy sisters are up to!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.