Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Camera Strap Cover #snapsnippets #snapconf

DIY Camera Strap Cover #snapsnippets #snapconf

Guys…I’ll be headed to Utah on Wednesday for Snap! Eek! I’m super excited & a lot nervous! ha! Annnnd I have a to do list up to my eyeballs trying to get ready! I think I’ll get it all done but we’ll see I guess! ;)

One of the things on my to do list was making a cute camera strap cover for my cameral Do you think I’ll be the only blogger without a DSLR? ha! I guess I’ll find out very soon! Anyways, I saw this ah-mazing & simple camera strap tutorial over on Capital B, & I thought I’d try it out. By the way, Sky from Capital B was one of my very first blogging friends, & I am soooooo excited about meeting her at Snap! I can’t wait! ;)

DIY camera strap

polkadot camera strap

Sky did an an awesome tutorial so you’ll have to check out her post for all the specifics.  The only thing I did differently was that I just used one type of fabric. Sky used 2 coordinating fabric pieces on hers. So she has seams on both sides, I just folder my fabric in half & sewed up one side. I used hot pink thread! I like the little pop of color! (This fabric was left over from my kindle fire fabric cover project.)

camera strap upclose

Sky recommended using fusible fleece for the inside of the camera strap. I found a similar product at my craft store called Pellon 808 Craft Fuse. I’m pretty sure they’re the same thing or pretty close! Anyways, it’s in the fabric section, & you can buy it by the yard.  I bought a yard for less than two dollars, & I had plenty for this project. The Craft Fuse just makes it a little stiffer & hold it’s shape better.

camera

Annnnd incase your were wondering my camera is an Olympus Pen.  I’ve been using it for about 6 months or so. Buuut I had to break out my old point & shoot camera for these pictures, & she did just fine. ha! ;)

Well, I’ve got one thing checked off my list…..just a gazillion more to go!
Are you going to Snap?  Let me know! :)

DIY camera strap

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.