Ginger Snap Crafts: Make Over Monday: Picture Frames

Make Over Monday: Picture Frames

OK..I think we've all done this
type of make over before-
the ole tired of these old picture frames,
so let's just paint them a different color. :)
Well, that's exactly what I did for this make over.
Super easy...the only hard part was taking a good picture!
I didn't realize how hard it was to get a picture
without reflecting something off the glass!

Before:


These frames have been in my living room
for.ev.er.
We're getting family pictures made in 2 weeks. (Yeah!)
So I wanted to make way for stretched canvas prints
(Hopefully we'll some good shots!  Crossing my fingers!)
& maybe a wall shelf or something.
So these had to go. :)


After:


I painted the frames white.
Then I put a layer of mod podge on top.
(My paint wasn't sticking too well,
so I thought that might help out.)
So far, so good. :)


I hung these in my younger two sons' bedroom.
Underneath I hung a clip board
for all of their "masterpieces".  :)
(That was super easy too make, too!)


What is really special about these
frames is what's in them!
I framed two different scenes of a
little boy & his dog fishing, & both are painted
by my Grandpa & their Great Grandpa.
They have a vintage look & feel to it.
Love them! :)
(My mom gave them to me when I was at her house last.
As soon as I saw them I knew exactly where I wanted them to go.)


Love them!

(Wish my pictures had
turned out better though! gggrrr!)



Tip Junkie handmade projects


Get Your Craft On Tuesday