Ginger Snap Crafts: Fab Friday: hubby's birthday, yummy cheese cake & another WiNnEr!!!!

Fab Friday: hubby's birthday, yummy cheese cake & another WiNnEr!!!!

Wednesday was my wonderful husband's birthday
(This is his cake from last year...so yes...he's the big 3-9! Yikes!)
I'm much younger than him though. ;)


Every year I make him a
yummy cheesecake for his birthday,
but we had a big hiccup this year.
I was sick! Ugh!
So we postponed his birthday party until today.

So today I am going to make his favorite dinner:
BBQ, mashed potatoes, real macaroni & cheese
and then will have this delicious cheesecake for dessert.

Yummy!

Here's the recipe..(I know, I know I'm making you hungry!)
(A friend of mine gave this to me a few years ago, and it's a keeper!)
Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs  (I have also used Oreo crumbs)
3 Tbls sugar
3 Tbls butter or margarine melted
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Mix well and press into a 10 inch springform pan....set aside...I usually put in the fridge while I am making everything else up because it helps it to set up better.

Filling
Three 8-ounce packages of cream cheese softened....basically room temperature
2 tsp. lemon juice

Beat cream cheese and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.

Add
5 eggs (set these out when you begin so they will be at room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Beat on medium speed for 10 minutes..scraping sides of bowl often.  Pour mixture into crust and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  You know it's done if you touch the center and it bounces back. 
Remove to a wire rack and let stand for 20 minutes.  Sometimes the top is a little brown and I will cut it off just because that part is dry.

Combine in a small bowl
1-1/2 cups sour cream
2 Tbls sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Stir well and spread over cheesecake.  Bake at 350 for another 10 minutes.  Cool.  Chill in refrigerator before removing from pan.
You can top with cherry pie filling or fresh fruit is also good....plain is yummy, too!

And now I'm announcing the
LaBaron Interiors giveaway winner

Emilee

Congratulations!

I'll be contacting you soon!