Ginger Snap Crafts: Kids and Chores. (Ugh!)

Kids and Chores. (Ugh!)

How do you get your kids to do their chores? I've tried everything to keep my kids motivated to get their chores done from stickers, charts, list, popsicle sticks , etc. I've learned that you've got to change your system every now and then to keep it interesting, and I'd love to hear your ideas! :)

For the last few months we have been trying something new, and so far it is working. Yeah! :) I found this great FREE website online called MyJobChart.com. (Here's a link to the site- click here.) You can make your own family account and each child has their own individual name, password & chore list. My kids love it! You can personalize the chores for each child, days they need to do it, how many points it is worth, leave notes for your kiddos and you can even download a picture for each chore- which helps out for those kids who can't read yet. The kids check off each chore as they complete it. My kids love watching their point totals get bigger & bigger as they do more chores. Here's a picture of our login page.

On the first Monday of the month for our Family Home Evening activity we have a Family Store. The kids get to "spend" their points they've earned from doing their chores the previous month. Everything is labeled with a different color star to let them know how many points it "cost" (red star=25 points, blue star= 50 points and so on).

So far so good....but I'm sure we will need something different in a couple of months!
Let me know what works in your family! :)