Ginger Snap Crafts: Make Your Own Embroidery Patterns with the Cricut BrightPad

Make Your Own Embroidery Patterns with the Cricut BrightPad

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! :) The Cricut BrightPad™ is one of THE most favorite tools in my craft room. (Ok…I really just have a craft closet! ha!) Anyways, this is a must have tool no matter where you craft at. So in a craft room, at the kitchen table or in a comfy chair, the Cricut BrightPad is a must have! Annnnd today I am excited to show you how you can Make Your Own Embroidery Patterns with the Cricut BrightPad. Let’s get started! :)

I told you last week all about the Cricut BrightPad™. It will make such an ah-mazing addition to your craft room. Just in case you missed that post, let me fill you in! You can use the BrightPad for tracing, weeding, quilting & lots more. The BrightPad is super light, thin & durable. It’s easy to tote around. It’s awesome! :)

Check out these fun features! :)

  • Bright, uniform LED light 
  • 5 brightness settings (Brightness settings, from lowest to highest, are at approximately 400, 1300, 2200, 3100, and 4000 lumens respectively.)
  • Lightweight, portable & durable
  • 9 in. x 11.5 in. lit area
  • Nonslip base
  • 6 ft. USB power cord (must be plugged in during use; does not contain a rechargeable battery)
  • Scratch resistant

Alright, let me walk you through this fun embroidery project! :) Annnnnd just for the record this is the very first embroidery project that I’ve ever tackled. So, if I can do it, you can, too! :) Annnnnd please don’t look too close. ha!

For this project you will need:
this Design Space file
Cricut BrightPad
Cricut Pens
Cricut Washable Fabric Pen
cardstock
material
felt
scissors
embroidery thread
embroidery hoop
needle
hot glue gun & glue

First, I opened up this cute Stop & Smell the Roses design in Design Space. What I love about Design Space is that I can size my design to fit my project. My embroidery hoop is 8 inches across. So, I simply made a circle that size & sized the design to fit. Easy peasy!

Then I deleted that circle & clicked make it. I used my Cricut Maker to draw the design on a piece of cardstock.

Then I got out my BrightPad. :)

The backlight of the BrightPad makes tracing anything so easy!

I used a fabric pen to trace over all the words. (You could also use a pencil.)

Now it’s time to sew! :)

I added some fun felt roses when I was finished.

These roses are so easy! First, you’ll cut out a felt circle & leaves. I just cut these out by hand. Cut the circle into a spiral. I love these little scissors from Cricut. They are perfect for cutting felt flowers.

Starting at the “pointy” end, roll your felt up.

It will look like this!

Hot glue the flap to the bottom of the flower.

For the leaves, I pinched the felt in half & hand stitched it closed.

Then hot glue the leaf to the rose. All done! :)

Then I glued the roses to my quote. Too cute! :)

Be sure to check out some cute organization ideas with the Cricut BrightPad. :)

****5 Ways to Create with the Cricut BrightPad****

Annnnnd let me know if you’ve tackled any brand new to you craft projects lately! :)
Please pin the post for later. Thank you! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

Yum