Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Graduation Party Ideas with Cricut

DIY Graduation Party Ideas with Cricut

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! With 5 kiddos, it always seems like we have a reason to celebrate from birthdays, holidays, graduations to engagements (gulp!) there is always a party going on over here. ha! I love making every celebration extra special, & my Cricut Maker makes that task so, so easy & lots of fun, too. My oldest daughter is graduating from high school this May. Annnnd you’d better believe that we are going to be celebrating BIG time! ;) I am so excited as she heads off on her next adventure…..college! Annnnd I’ve already started planning her big graduation party. Today I’m excited to share some DIY Graduation Party Ideas with Cricut. Let’s get started. :)

Let me show you how easy it is to celebrate when you use a Cricut. :)

For these projects you will need:
Cricut EasyPress 2
Cricut EasyPress Mat
Cricut Heavy Chipboard
Cricut EveryDay Iron-on
Cricut LightGrip mat
Cricut Maker
knife blade
Cricut StrongGrip mat
Cricut Essential Tools
Cricut vinyl
Cricut transfer tape
Cricut pens
tape
spray paint
string
hot glue gun
straws
these Design Space files and this one

First, I used the knife blade to make a super cute graduation cake topper. I’ve used the knife blade both here and here. It’s an amazing little tool, and only works exclusively with the Cricut Maker! This blade can cut through thicker & denser materials such as: 

          • Balsa wood, up to 3/32”
          • Basswood, up to 1/16"
          • Tooling leather, up to 7 oz
          • Garment leather, up to 5oz
          • Cricut Chipboard, 2mm
          • Matboard, 2-ply or 4-ply
          • Craft foam, up to 3mm

Tips when using the knife blade: You will need to use a StrongGrip mat. You will also need to slide the white rollers out of the way before you start cutting. You will also need to secure cutting material to the mat with tape, so you won’t have any slipping as you cut.

Also, just a note, the knife blade takes awhile to cut. For this cake topper, it took an hour for the knife blade to make 20 passes & cut through the heavy chipboard. So be patient! The results will be worth it. :)

After the Maker cut out the pieces, I spray painted them black & let dry.

Then I used straws & a glue gun to attach the pieces together, & I added the thicker straws along the bottom that will slide into the cake & hold this topper in place. Easy! :)

Very cute! :)

Then I made a dangle banner using cardstock & Cricut pens, some string & a glue gun.

After your Cricut has drawn & cut out all the pieces, just assemble however you’d like using the string & the glue gun.

It makes the perfect backdrop for your graduation party! :)

Next, I made a cute grad sign to set out on the party table using gold & white vinyl & a piece of chipboard. I cut the chipboard down to an 8x10 piece using the knife blade & my Cricut Maker.

Then I spray painted the chipboard black & then added the vinyl. Easy peasy! :)

So cute! :)

I just love this quick & easy graduation party set up that anyone could put together quickly & easily.

Annnnnnnnnd just for fun I made my daughter a graduation tee.

Because she is literally like 2019% done. ha! I used some everyday iron-on & my EasyPress 2 to whip out this cute tee. TIP: Use the Cricut EasyPress™ Interactive Quick Reference Guide to get the perfect EasyPress settings for whatever project you are working on. :)

Super cute! :) What would you want your graduation tee to say? ;)

Let me know your graduation celebration plans in the comments below.

Enjoy these other fun graduation inspired post. :)

College Survival Kit



15 Graduation Gift Ideas

Please pin this post for later. Thank you! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

Yum