Ginger Snap Crafts: Cute Organization with the Cricut BrightPad™ {tutorial}

Cute Organization with the Cricut BrightPad™ {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! :) I’ve introduced you to the amazing Cricut BrightPad™ before. Annnnnnd I love how easy this crafting light pad, along with a few Cricut accessories, can make weeding vinyl (especially glitter vinyl and iron-on vinyl!). It’s a lifesaver! I am also so excited to share some Cute Organization with the Cricut BrightPad™. Let’s get started! :)

Cricut BrightPad™ is an ah-mazing addition to your craft room. This handy device lights up projects for easier crafting. Annnnd it reduces eye strain! (Which is super awesome for old eyes like mine! ha!) You can use it for tracing, weeding, quilting & lots more. Next week I’ll show you a fun project that doesn’t include any weeding at all. Yep! There are many uses for a Cricut BrightPad. Stay tuned!

The BrightPad is super light, thin & durable. It’s easy to tote around. With its ultra-low profile, you can trace sitting at a table or in your favorite comfy chair while watching TV. ha! When weeding vinyl or iron-on, your design will be beautifully lit up for quick & easy weeding & tracing. (I’ll show you in just a second!)

Just a note the BrightPad is for use with US power outlets only. I like to plug mine into my Cricut Maker’s USB port. :)

Check out these fun features! :)

  • Bright, uniform LED light 
  • 5 brightness settings (Brightness settings, from lowest to highest, are at approximately 400, 1300, 2200, 3100, and 4000 lumens respectively.)
  • Lightweight, portable & durable
  • 9 in. x 11.5 in. lit area
  • Nonslip base
  • 6 ft. USB power cord (must be plugged in during use; does not contain a rechargeable battery)
  • Scratch resistant

Alright, let me walk you through this fun organization bling project! :) Have I ever mention that I am obsessed with organizing & making labels??? The Cricut Maker & BrightPad make it so, so easy to label & decorate everything. ha!

For this project you will need:

Cricut Maker (or Cricut Explore Air 2)
BrightPad
glitter vinyl
StrongGrip transfer tape
vinyl
transfer tape
essentials tool kit
various notebooks, planner & folders

****You will also need this Design Space cut file!****

First, you’ll open up the cut file in Design Space. Annnnd here’s a little tip! I make a shape the exact same size of my notebook (or folder, wall space or whatever).

I use that shape to size my vinyl to exactly the right size. Easy & the vinyl will fit perfectly every time! :) Delete the extra shape when you are done.

After I cut out all the vinyl, it was time to weed. With glitter vinyl, it is extremely hard to see the cut lines. Can you see any cut lines? Look close! ;) Yep, me neither! That makes weeding (and not wasting some of the glitter vinyl) a little bit tricky.

That’s were the BrightPad comes in super handy. How about now after I turn on my BrightPad? The cut lines are showing up perfectly!

TIP: Use a small piece of washi tape to hold your design down while you weed. Also, the Cricut weeding tools are a must have!

Next, you will put transfer tape on top of your design. TIP: Always use the StrongGrip tape with glitter vinyl.

Then I applied the design to the front of my notebook by gently rubbing & then lifting off the transfer tape.

Next, I put my top layer of vinyl on (careful to line it up just so) & removed the transfer tape again. TIP: I reused the same piece of transfer tape twice.

I repeated all the steps to customize & “bling” up all my organization things! :)

The labels are so fun! I used my favorite Cricut font, Cricut Alphabet, to make these folder labels. :)

Alright, all done. Annnnnnd I’m ready to tackle 2019. Let’s do this! ;)

Do you have anything that could use a little vinyl love? ha! :)

Let me know if you do! :)

You can pop over to the Cricut blog to read the article (that I wrote!) that shares some more creative ways to use the Cricut BrightPad™ .

****5 Ways to Create with the Cricut BrightPad****

****Here’s another good one too from the Cricut blog >>>> Make Weeding Easier with the BrightPad.****

You can grab a Cricut BrightPad™ right here. Also, right now you can get free shipping using the code LOVECRICUT on orders over $99. Yay! What would you use a BrightPad for? Let me know in the comments below. Please pin this post for later! Thank you! :)

 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.