Ginger Snap Crafts: Bug Backpack {tutorial}

Bug Backpack {tutorial}

Hello there! Our family is super active. We love hiking outdoors, swimming & being together as a family. Every time we hop in the car for our next adventure, I usually like to pack a snack for my kiddos. They are always hungry. ha! That’s why Snyder’s-Lance single-serve size snack packs are the perfect addition to all of our family activities. They are convenient for tossing in the car or storing in the pantry for anytime snacking. They are easy to just grab & go. Annnnd most importantly, they are also made with great tasting & better-for-you ingredients that your family will love. Today I’d love to tell you more about these variety packs, & I’m going to show you how my kiddos made these cute Bug Backpacks (& matching water bottles!). These bags are perfect for holding a water bottle, snack & all their treasures they find along the way. I’m also sharing a nature scavenger hunt printable as well! Let’s get started!      

bug backpack at GingerSnapCrafts.com #kid #kidcrafts

kid snacks

You can find four different Snyder’s-Lance snack packs. They come in the following varieties: Premium Variety, Non-GMO Variety, Small Batch Kettle Chip Variety & Gluten Free Variety. Two of our favorite Snyder’s-Lance snack packs are the Premium Variety & the Small Batch Kettle Chip Variety packs. Yum! You can definitely find something for everyone’s taste buds. :) Annnnnd I love how they are made with better-for-you ingredients that taste great!

Peek inside our 2 favorite snack packs!

Premium Variety

  • Snyder's of Hanover® Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces
  • Kettle Brand® Backyard Barbeque® Potato Chips
  • Cape Cod® 40% Reduced Fat Original Potato Chips
  • Late July® Nacho Chipotle Tortilla Chips
Small Batch Kettle Chip Variety
  • Kettle Brand® Jalapeno Potato Chips
  • Cape Cod® Original Potato Chips
  • Kettle Brand® Backyard Barbeque Potato Chips
  • Cape Cod® Sea Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips

My favorite snack is the Cape Cod® Original Potato Chips. I’ll share my kiddos’ favorites later in the post!

kids snacks 2

Buuuuut first, let me show you how we made those cute bug back packs & matching water bottles!

You’ll need a few supplies:
drawstring backpacks*
water bottles*
bug stickers

*I found these backpacks at my local craft store & the water bottles at the dollar store.

supplies

These backpacks are so easy to make! Simply let your kiddos stick on the bug stickers wherever they want. ha! I told you it was easy! ;)

kid activity

kid activity 1

kid activity 3

kid activity 4

kid activity 5

When they were finished, it was time to fill our backpacks with a snack & water bottle & hit the trail for a short hike. :)

kids snacks 2

You can also stick this nature scavenger hunt & a pencil inside their backpacks, too! You can print one here.

HUNT_thumb

Now to my kiddos favorite snacks….

My 7 year old loves the Snyder's of Hanover® Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces.

kids snacks 4

My daughter loves the Kettle Brand® Backyard Barbeque® Potato Chips.

kids snacks 5

My teenage son loves the Late July® Nacho Chipotle Tortilla Chips.

kids snacks 7

The Cape Cod® Sea Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips are pretty good, too!

kids snacks 8

Have you tried the snack pack varieties yet? Which one is your favorite?

summer snacks for kids

Remember these snack packs make THE perfect on-the-go snack for any occasion, including summer road trips, beach weekends, picnics, outdoor concerts, team sports, hikes, school lunches, study breaks, days at the park and more. :)

kids fun

Snyders-Lance snack packs are available online and in-store at most major retailers.
Let me know your favorite varieties in comments below. I’d love to hear. :)

bug backpack at GingerSnapCrafts.com #kid #kidcraftsSnyder'sLance_Snack Better Logo

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.