Ginger Snap Crafts: Ombré Stenciled Sign using Gelatos® {tutorial}

Ombré Stenciled Sign using Gelatos® {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.

Hello! This week I was able to get back to my artistic roots & use Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos®.  Oh my! These things are amazing! Not only can you make amazing artwork with these, you also use them on your latest craft/DIY projects. They work on paper, canvas, wood, glass & more! So keep reading to see how I made this Ombré Stenciled Sign using Gelatos®. I couldn’t stop with just one sign! So I’m sharing another tutorial within this tutorial. Fancy, I know! ;) So let’s get started!

ombré stenciled sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

I like you and I love you

Nothing I have ever used compares with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos®.  They are just the right size to fit in your hand. These acid-free pigment sticks glide on creamy smooth (as smooth as silk!) for super vibrant colors & excellent coverage.  All Gelatos® blend easily with or without water. You can try Gelatos® on paper, canvas, or wood! You can find them at Michaels. I’ll tell you about a special event at Michaels in just a bit. First let’s get to that tutorial!

gelatos

For this project you will need:
Metallic Melon Gelatos®
12x16 canvas
sponge
brush
water
vinyl stencil (I cut this one out with my Silhouette.)
spray adhesive

I cut this stencil out in vinyl using my Silhouette. You can also order vinyl very easily online if your don’t have a digital craft cutter. Before I applied my vinyl I removed the backing paper & sprayed a thin layer of spray adhesive to the back of the vinyl lettering. I let it dry for 5 minutes, & then I applied my vinyl to the canvas. I wanted a good “seal” since I was using it as a stencil.

making a sign

Then I applied a heavy layer of Metallic Melon Gelatos® along the top of the canvas.

ombre sign

Using a sponge I smooth out the color working from top to bottom.

ombre sign with Gelatos

To give it an even more blended (watercolor) look I used a paint brush & just a little bit of water to blend the colors even more.

watercolor technique

Then I carefully removed the vinyl!

vinyl stenciling

I loved the results! So pretty!

pink ombré stenciled sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Of course, I couldn’t stop with just one! ha! Now it was time to get a little bit more colorful! :)

stenciled sign with Gelatos®

For this project you will need:
12x16 canvas
Mango Gelatos®
Iced Rose Gelatos®
Snow Cone Gelatos®
Elderberry Gelatos®
Gold Champagne Gelatos®
sponge
vinyl stencil

gelatos by faber-castell

For this one, I just randomly added color all over my canvas & stencil.

gelatos crafts

I used a sponge to blend & smooth as I went along.

DIY sign

watercolor

watercolor look with Gelatos

I just kind of played around until it looked how I wanted.

stenciled sign DIY

I tried to use colors that matched our home! I’m digging the teal & orange look right now.

i like you sign

Then I removed the stencil like before leaving the design behind.

stenciled sign #stencil

sign (2)

Hmmmmm…..I’m not sure which one I like best! ha! ;)

sign

Do you love to create? I’d love to hear!

pink ombré stenciled sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Michaels will be hosting a paper-crafting event featuring Gelatos® at each of its 1200 stores this coming Monday, September 14th from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Michaels will also be featuring a discount on Gelatos® all next week. If you don’t live near a Michaels don’t worry! You can also snag a 20% off coupon Tuesday night during a fun Twitter chat that will be usable at any retailer that sells Gelatos®. The Twitter chat will began a 9 p.m. EST. I’ll be there! I hope you will, too! :)

Stay in touch with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® on Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest.

stenciled sign with Gelatos®

ombré stenciled sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.