Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Polka Dot Shoes with the Cricut Easypress Mini

DIY Polka Dot Shoes with the Cricut Easypress Mini

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! How was your weekend? Ours was fabulous! The weather was nice & cool, and we got to spend lots of time together as a family. I missed my college kids though! I even got to break out my newest crafting tool ~ the Cricut EasyPress Mini. This new tool from Cricut is so, so cute, and it makes the perfect companion to any size EasyPress you might already have. It’s perfect for small & unique projects like these adorable DIY Polka Dot Shoes. So, today I am excited to share that tutorial with you plus give you all the details on this cute little crafting machine. Let’s get started. :)

Here’s all the details on the new Cricut EasyPress Mini:

  • Cricut EasyPress Mini is the newest addition to the Cricut EasyPress family. I love my EasyPress….it makes working with iron-on a dream! You can see all of my EasyPress projects right here. (By the way, the Cricut EasyPress Mini can also be used with the new Cricut Infusible Ink as well.)

  • Cricut EasyPress Mini is perfect for small & unique projects like these shoes. It can also be used with hats, shirt sleeves, cuffs & pockets. It even works great on stuffed animals! 

  • Cricut EasyPress Mini offers the exact same benefits & technology as the Cricut EasyPress 2. It has an even heat plate & super easy-to-use heat settings for easy & flawless heat transfers. It just comes in a much smaller package!

  • If you love to sew, you’ll also want to know that the Cricut EasyPress Mini is fantastic for pressing seams, paper piecing & on all of your applique projects.

Alright, just a recap & a few more details…… :) The Cricut EasyPress Mini comes is a small, compact size ideal for unusually small or challenging heat transfer projects. It has a ceramic-coated heat plate that provides dry, even, edge to edge heat. It has 3 heat settings for every iron-on and Infusible Ink project you can think up. :) Now let’s get to that polka dot shoe tutorial. :)

For this project you will need:
Cricut EasyPress Mini
Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 
Cricut Iron-on (I used red.)
Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat
Cricut Heat Resistant Tape
Cricut EasyPress Mat
the Design Space file
cotton canvas shoes
hand towel

First, I cut out the polka dots out using my Cricut machine. You can use the same Design Space file I did right here.

Now it’s time to break out the Cricut EasyPress Mini. :)

You can find the EasyPress heat settings you’ll need right here.

Tip: I stuffed my shoe with a hand towel to give me a more sturdy surface to iron on to.

Next, I pressed my vinyl dots on for 25 seconds.

Then I slowly lifted the backing paper. If your dots don’t stick, lay it back down & press again.

Tip: Be careful, this EasyPress gets hot! I touched some of the plastic on my shoe, & it melted just a little bit. So be careful about that. Also, using heat resistant tape would be super helpful in keeping your iron-on in place as you press on your design. :)

Aren’t they cute? :)

What project would you tackle with an EasyPress Mini? I’d love to hear. :)

Check out these other Cricut projects. Enjoy! :)

Easy Fall Crafts

DIY Cheer Bows

DIY Housewarming Gift

DIY NKOTB Tee

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.