Ginger Snap Crafts: 5 Reasons Why I love my Cricut Explore Air 2 + A New to the Block Baby Bodysuit {tutorial}

5 Reasons Why I love my Cricut Explore Air 2 + A New to the Block Baby Bodysuit {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! I am so excited about today’s Cricut post! Nothing has changed my life more (well maybe besides getting married & having 5 kiddos!) than my cutting machine! I purchased my very first cutting machine about 8 years ago, & I have used just about every make & model since. Annnnnd the one I keep coming back to the most is my Cricut Explore Air 2. I’m going to give you my top 5 reasons why I love this machine from Cricut, & I also have an adorable new baby inspired project for you, too using my Air 2. Let’s get started! :)

I guess you could call the Explore Air 2 a DIY speed machine! Ha! It combines time-saving performance & class-leading simplicity. I love to keep it simple….especially when I’m crafting. This machine is so simple to use, yet powerful enough to create whatever you can dream up! The Explore Air 2 can cut 100s of materials. It cuts everything from cardstock, vinyl, paper and iron-on to a range of specialty materials like faux leather, felt & more. It has a Fine-Point Blade for cutting a wide variety of your favorite crafty materials. It also has Fast Mode for up to 2X faster cutting & writing. You can also design on the go with your laptop, iPad or iPhone. You can browse & play with thousands of images, fonts & ready-to-make projects in Cricut Design Space. Or even create your own design from scratch. This machine is ah-mazing! Which was why it was hard to narrow my list down to just 5, but here we go! :)

1. My very first reason is that this machine is so simple to use! I admit I was intimidated when I got my very first cutting machine! It set in the box for weeks before I got it out! ha! When you purchase a Cricut Explore Air 2, you don’t have to worry about all of that! Simply get it out of the box, plug it in, connect your computer and pull up Design Space. In no time at all. you will be busy creating away using your Cricut Explore Air 2. It really is that easy to get started. Trust me! ;)

2. The second thing (annnnnnnd most life changing!) is how well this machine cuts my favorite material ever ~ vinyl! If you haven’t caught the vinyl bug…..what are you waiting for??!! This stuff is ah-mazing! You can make custom signs to your heart’s content, personalize just about anything, make your own stencils, label every thing in your house (ha!) and make décor for your walls. See that cute hello sign? Yep, I made it with my Cricut Explore Air 2 & an image from Design Space. Click the link under the picture for the tutorial. :)


DIY Farmhouse Hello Sign

3. The third reason whyI love my Cricut Explore Air 2 is how it cuts my #2 go-to material Cricut Iron-on. ( I admit I had a love/hate with iron-on before the Cricut EasyPress 2 came out, but now it’s all the heart eyes!) I love making personalized gifts the most using iron-on.

Let me show you how I made this cute baby bodysuit using some iron-on & my Cricut Explore Air 2. :)

For this Cricut project you will need:

Cricut Explore Air 2 
Cricut Patterned Iron-on
Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat (green)
Cricut EasyPress 2
Cricut EasyPress Mat
baby bodysuit
this image from Design Space

First, I cut out the cut design using my Explore Air 2. Don’t forget to mirror when you are using iron-on.

Then I used my EasyPress 2 to adhere the design onto the front of the bodysuit.

Then you will carefully remove the backing paper, leaving the design behind. So cute!

I paired these with some cute date blocks, & it made a cute, personalized baby gift. :)

4. My 4th reason is that I love that this machine lets me branch out to other specialty materials, that I might not of tried otherwise. Cutting these faux leather key fobs was a breeze using my Cricut Explore Air 2. This was actually one of my very first projects I made when I got my Cricut machine out of the box! :)



Check out this list of just *some* of the materials you can cut with your Cricut Explore Air 2. Wow!

  • 3M Post It Notes

  • Adhesive Magnetic Sheets

  • Aluminum Foil

  • Aluminum Metal

  • Canvas

  • Cardstock

  • Chipboard

  • Construction Paper

  • Cork Board, Adhesive Backed

  • Craft Foam

  • Cutting Mat Protector

  • Duck Tape

  • Fabric

  • Felt

  • Foam

  • Foil, Adhesive Backed

  • Iron-On Material

  • Leather

  • Magnet Sheets

  • Paint Chips

  • Paper

  • Watercolor Paper

  • Photo Paper

  • Poster Board

  • Premium Outdoor Vinyl

  • Printable Tattoo Paper

  • Stencil Vinyl

  • Sticker Paper

  • Transparency

  • Vellum

  • Vinyl

  • Washi Sheets

  • Washi Tape

  • Wax Paper

  • Window Cling

  • Wood (thin)

  • Wrapping Paper

5. This last reason that I absolutely love this machine is the COLORS in comes in! Mine is mint, but you can buy these beautiful machines in black, raspberry, fuchsia, lilac, rose, blue & sky. I seriously want one of each! ha! Do you think my hubby would notice? ;) Which color would you pick? Let me know. :)

Let me know if you have any questions! I know you would love this machine as much as I do! :)

Annnnnd don’t forget Christmas is almost here! It’s not too late to add a Cricut Explore Air 2 to your list. :) What would you make with a Cricut Explore Air 2? Let me know. :)

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.