Ginger Snap Crafts: Bunny Knot Headband with Cricut Rotary Blade {tutorial}

Bunny Knot Headband with Cricut Rotary Blade {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! Last week I told you all about the Cricut Rotary Blade™. You can see that post right here. The ah-mazing rotary blade brings customizable, precision fabric cutting to your home for the very first time. The blade glides and rolls, & this blade can turn within a quarter of an inch to cut through TONS of fabrics. Cutting fabric with the Cricut Maker is so, so easy! In the past I’ve used this blade to cut felt and with other no sew projects, but I was ready to tackle my FIRST sewing project with my Maker. So today I am excited to share how I made (no, sewed!!!) these cute Bunny Knot Headbands. Let’s get started! :)

bunny knot headband at GingerSnapCrafts.com #sewing #cricut #cricutmade #cricutmaker

hair bow

For this project you will need:

this Design Space sewing project
Rotary Blade Replacement Kit (if needed)
FabricGrip cutting mat (pink)
sewing kit
Cricut fabric
washable fabric pen
Cricut Maker
Cricut EasyPress 2 (optional) or iron
interfacing (lightweight fusible)
plastic headbands
sewing machine

TIP: For best results, replace your rotary blade when you notice uncut threads or when the material settings in Design Space no longer seem to be right.

FYI: The rotary blade is part of the Cricut Maker Adaptive Toolset, & it can be used exclusively with the Cricut Maker. It can not be used with other Cricut machines.

cricut sewing project supplies

Rotary Blade helps sewers and quilters to cut intricate shapes & patterns flawlessly. Cuts like this can not be made with scissors. This blade can also cut through up to three layers of fabric at a time. Awesome! Annnnd the best part of all Design Space has literally hundreds of sewing & quilting patterns ready to go! Including the Simplicity pattern I used for my project. Eek!

rotary blade

This blade cuts beautifully. You can cut everything quickly & easily from silk, cotton, denim to canvas and burlap & felt. You can even cut delicate materials like crepe paper! TIP: Cricut sells tons of cute Cricut fabric on their site! Alright, let me show you how I made these cute headbands. Annnnnd for the record, I am not a sewer! If I can sew with my Maker, I know you can, too! :)

cricut sewing project

First, you’ll pop in your rotary blade into your Cricut Maker. TIP: Use the pink fabric mat to cut your fabric.

cricut sewing project 1

For each headband, you’ll need to cut 2 fabric pieces & 1 interfacing piece.

cricut sewing project 3

TIP: For most of the patterns on Design Space, you’ll find printable instructions.

cricut sewing project 4

So, I simply followed the instructions. :)

cricut sewing project 5

I pinned the fabric pieces together (pretty sides together) with the interfacing on top.

cricut sewing project 6

You’ll sew around the edges, leaving a gap unsewn.

cricut sewing project 7

Using scissors, cut notches along the edges.

cricut sewing project8

Turn your headband right side out.

cricut sewing project 9

Next, you’ll iron your fabric. TIP: The smallest EasyPress 2 works perfect for this! :)

cricut sewing project 10

Then you’ll grab a headband. Note: You can sew the gap closed by hand stitching it together. I just left mine open since that is the exact spot where the knot will tied be in just a bit. #sewingrebel ;)

headband 1

Simply tie your fabric around your headband. Put the contrasting fabric on the outside (if you like) as you tie. All done! Wasn’t that easy? This is the perfect first time sewing project to tackle!

cricut sewing project

“Sew” cute! :)

hair bow

Don’t forget to check out my post, Everything You Need to Know About the Rotary Blade, right here.

Everything You Need to Know About the Rotary Blade

What sewing project would like to tackle first?

bows

Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below! Happy Sewing! :)

Please pin this post for later! :)

bunny knot headband at GingerSnapCrafts.com #sewing #cricut #cricutmade #cricutmaker

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb_thumb_thum

Yum