Ginger Snap Crafts: Stenciled Leaf Jars {tutorial} #HomeforFall

Stenciled Leaf Jars {tutorial} #HomeforFall

This post is powered by Hometalk. You can find me on Hometalk right {HERE}.

Hello! Hello! Today I am excited to be teaming up with some of my favorite Hometalk bloggers to bring you a fun Home for Fall blog hop. I’ll be sharing links to some amazing fall home projects at the end of this post. So you’ll want to keep reading for that! :) Most of you know that I am addicted to my Silhouette! Buuuut I know not everyone has a digital cutting tool. So today I am going to show you how to make your own Stenciled Leaf Jars without using a special cutting tool. Yes, everyone can make these jars! So let’s get started. :)

Stenciled Leaf Jars with no special cutting tools at   GingerSnapCrafts.com

mason jar crafts

The first thing you’ll need to do is search “coloring page of a leaf”.

coloring pictures of a leaf

You’ll get tons of results. I chose this leaf for it’s simple pattern.

leaf

Right click & save to your computer. Then open a new document in Google Docs & insert your leaf image. If you look at the top of the page you’ll notice that there is a ruler! Eek! I use this all the time to size my printables. I know I wanted my leaf to be about 2 1/2 inches to fit my jar. So I sized my image to the right size & then printed my leaf pattern out onto white cardstock.

leaf craft

Next you’ll need to gather the rest of the supplies for this project.

Supplies:
glass jars (They need to be smooth on one side!)
Americana Décor chalk paint
foam paint brushes
contact paper
fine tip Sharpie
fine tip scissors
twine

leaf supplies

First, you’ll cut out your leaf. You really only need one! Not sure why I printed out so many! ha! One will do the job perfectly!

leaf pattern

Next, you’ll trace your leaf pattern on the back of your contact paper with a Sharpie.

leaf tracings

Cut them out.

leaf patterns with contact paper

Then remove the backing paper & stick your contact paper leaf onto your jar.

leaf fall craft

Give your jars one good coat of chalk paint & let dry.

leaf jars crafts

Carefully remove your leaf.

leaf fall crafts #crafts

Fill the bottom of your jar with dried beans, corn or barley.

leaf tutorial

Stick in a battery powered candle.

leaf candle

Tie a twine bow around the top, & you’re done! I love mine!

mason jar crafts

easy fall craft

#fall #crafts

Now enjoy this Fall for Home Blog Hop powered by Hometalk.com. :)

home for fall

Be sure to follow the hashtag #HomeforFall for more ideas.
You can also find more fall ideas over on HomeTalk.

For another fun mason jar project check out these Christmas luminaries.

Christmas-luminaries-from-Ginger-Sna[1]

You find this fall mason jar craft & some of my other projects over on Hometalk.
Follow me {HERE}.

Stenciled Leaf Jars with no special cutting tools at   GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.