Ginger Snap Crafts: Party in a Can ~ Birthday Gift Idea

Party in a Can ~ Birthday Gift Idea

This post was originally seen of on The Crafting Chicks.

Good morning! Guess what? My birthday is tomorrow! Eek! So am taking a few days off from the old blog to spend some time with my family & to enjoy General Conference this weekend. It’s my favorite time of the year. So today I am sharing this easy Party in a Can tutorial with you with a FREE birthday printable! This would be the perfect gift to send to your college student or missionary on their birthday. You better believe I’ll be sending a gift just like this to my kiddos when they are older. ;) You can’t have a birthday without a little party! This would also make a great gift for a neighbor or friend. So let’s get started! :)

Party in a Can #birthday #party #giftidea

birthday party in a can

You’ll need a few supplies:
empty paint can (I bought mine for about $5 at Home Depot. Look in the paint section.)
3 12×12 pieces of scrapbook paper
white card stock
this printable
spray adhesive
ribbon
X-ACTO knife

First, you will print out your label. Then I used the print & cut feature with my Silhouette to cut it out in a circle. You can see a detailed print & cut tutorial right {HERE}. You could also use a circle cutter or paper trimmer to cut it out if you don’t have a Silhouette.

Silhouette Print & Cut

Next, I cut 2 pieces of scrapbook paper the same height as my can. You’ll need 2 pieces of 12×12 paper to fit around your can. Be sure to measure & cut a little notch to fit around the handle on each side of the scrapbook paper.

how to cover a paint can

I also used my Silhouette to cut a circle for the lid.

gifts for teens

Then I used some spray adhesive to put the paper on my can. I love this stuff! It’s one of favorite craft products EVER!!!

adhesive

Now my can looked like this! Isn’t it cute? ha!

paint can crafts

Then using the spray adhesive I attached the birthday label right to the front of my can.

party in a can #printable

Now it was time to fill this baby up! ha!

birthday paint can

Some ideas for your party can >>>>> cake mix, icing, cupcake liner, sprinkles, confetti, candles, balloons, streamers, party favors, party decor, candy for decorating, birthday garland, money, notes & gift cards

easy birthday gift ideas

Then I put everything inside! It was pretty tight fit, but the mission was accomplished. ha!

party in a can

Then I put the lid back on, and then I sealed it with a rubber mallet. I added a tag & can opener on the side with some cute ribbon.

college kid birthday ideas

I love how it turned out! This is THE perfect gift for someone far away. Pop it in the mail (inside a box), & then just imagine their happy face when they open their package!

easy gift ideas

party in a can #printable

Do you have a favorite go to gift for birthdays? What would you include in your can?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below.

Party in a Can #birthday #party #giftidea

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.