Ginger Snap Crafts: Cute Pumpkin Gift Idea & Printable {tutorial} #makeitfuncrafts

Cute Pumpkin Gift Idea & Printable {tutorial} #makeitfuncrafts

This post is brought to you by FloraCraft®. #makeitfuncrafts

Hello! Happy Friday! :) Next week at this time we will all be gearing up for Halloween. Eek! Are you ready? Today I’d love to share how we made these cute candy filled Pumpkins with FloraCraft® Foam Pumpkins for my children’s teachers. They were so excited to help me make them. I bet you could make some, too! So let’s get started!

pumpkin gift idea #makeitfuncrafts

pumpkin treat box

Supplies:
FloraCraft® Foam Pumpkin
pumpkin carving kit
orange paint
paint brush
shred
black cardstock
candy ;)

You can find these FloraCraft® Foam Pumpkins & FloraCraft® Foam Heads at Walmart & select heads are also available at Jo-Ann Stores & Michaels, too.

pumpkin make it fun crafts

Last week at 4H all the kiddos carved real pumpkins. So we had quite a few pumpkin carving kits left over. So I grabbed one of those little saws & got to work. It actually worked really well on the foam. ;)

pumpkin crafts

I removed the stem & then cut around the top of the foam pumpkin. Then I cut diagonal lines across & slowly removed pieces of the pumpkins until it was as hollow as a needed. I went about halfway down.

pumpkin hollow

Next I painted my foam pumpkin using some chalk paint. I did one really good coat & let it dry. Then I did a few little touch ups, & then I let it dry completely.

pumpkinpaint

Next, I filled the foam pumpkin with shred.

pumpkin gift ideas

Then I filled the foam pumpkin with candy & a cute printable. I’ll be sharing that printable in several different versions in just a bit!

pumpkin party favor

I thought it need a little something….a face, of course! I cut a face out with my Silhouette using black card stock & hot glued it in place. If you don’t own a Silhouette you could cut out your own cute face or better yet…let the kiddos cut out a jack-o-lantern face for you!

pumpkin face making

pumpkin face

I think this little guy turned out so super cute!

pumpkin treat box

We included a fun note for our teachers tucked inside our pumpkins! I also made a friend & neighbor version below. You can right click, save & size them as needed below.

trickortreattag

friend

neighbor

pumpkin treat for a teacher

pumpkin treat box

Do you give friend, teacher or neighbor gifts for Halloween?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below! :)

Be sure to follow the hashtag #makeitfuncrafts for more fun ideas!

pumpkin gift idea #makeitfuncrafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.