Ginger Snap Crafts: Jack-o-Lantern Cups {tutorial} #keepitsunny

Jack-o-Lantern Cups {tutorial} #keepitsunny

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and SunnyD, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #keepitsunny http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV #keepitsunny

Hello! How was your weekend? Ours was awesome. Now it’s time to get ready for my son’s Eagle Court of Honor on Wednesday. Yay! Buuut first I’d love to tell you about an easy way to get free books for your school. Right now SunnyD is hosting the 9th annual Book Spree Program. You can purchase SunnyD products, & then redeem UPC labels for books for YOUR school. So today I will show you how to participate in that, & I’m sharing a Halloween inspired activity to do with your kiddos after school that included making these cute Jack-o-Lantern cups! Annnnd I’ll be sharing our favorite top 10 Halloween children’s books! Eek! So let’s get started!

Jack-O-Lantern Cups at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Halloween books for children

Books are so important for helping your kiddos learn to love reading! I am so excited to be helping SunnyD get the word out on their Book Spree program. It’s a great way to add to your child’s classroom library.

SunnyD

Participating in the Book Spree Program is so, so easy, too.

Step 1: Parents clip and collect eligible SunnyD UPC labels. You can find SunnyD products everywhere. I found SunnyD while shopping at Walmart. You can also use labels from several Fruit2O products as well.

Step 2: Parents send UPC labels with their child to a participating teacher.

Step 3: Teachers collect UPCs, fill out the entry form and mail both to SunnyD.

Step 4 - SunnyD sends books to participating classrooms (limit of 20 books/classroom).

Don’t Delay - Book Spree ends 11/30/2015 You find all the details & download an entry form right {HERE}.

My kiddos love SunnyD, & I love how SunnyD provides 100% Vitamin C in each serving. So that’s why SunnyD is the perfect drink to go with an after school snack, breakfast, lunch or even dinner! I decided to plan a fun after school activity with some SunnyD & a few of our favorite books for my my younger two kiddos.

crafty afternoon with SunnyD

I had collected everything I needed in a tray: SunnyD, Halloween books, mason jars (paper cups would work, too!), paper straws, vinyl jack-o-lantern faces, sprinkles, water & paper plates

My kiddos are pros at applying vinyl lettering! ha! It’s actually pretty easy! So, first they had fun picking out a face & applying it to their cup.

pumpkin cups

easy kid craft

Then they added some sprinkles to the rim by dipping the rim in water, & then quickly dipping into a plate of sprinkles.

halloween cups

Then we popped in a paper straw. Cuuuuute!

halloween kid crafts

sunnyd book spree

Next we settled into some spooky book reading!

Halloween books

Are you ready to hear our top ten Halloween book list? I thought so! ;)

Halloween books for children

10 Trick-or-Treaters by Janet Schulman
There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
The Night Before Halloween by Natasha Wing
Who Will Haunt My House on Halloween? by Jerry Pallotta
The Legend of Spookly the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiano

after school activity

Two Little Witches by Harriet Ziefert
I Like Pumpkins by Jerry Smath
Spooky Bunny Tales by Rosemary Wales
Monster Needs a Costume by Paul Czajak
H is for Haunter House by Tanya Lee Stone

reading Halloween books

Before I go here are a few things to know about the awesome Book Spree program. First, home educators are eligible to participate, & this program is for grades K through 7th grade. Each classroom can receive up to 20 books. Classrooms cannot select the books they receive, but don’t worry, only current, age-appropriate books will be sent to your classroom. :)

SunnyD

Just collect SunnyD labels and send to your child’s teacher. Teachers will then send the labels into SunnyD to get free books. For every 20 labels received, SunnyD will donate 20 free books. (expires on 11/30/15 or while supplies last)

halloween kid crafts

Do you have any favorite Halloween books?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below! :)

IMG_4652

You can keep in touch with SunnyD on Facebook & Twitter.

Jack-O-Lantern Cups at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.