Ginger Snap Crafts: 5 Handmade Valentine’s Day Cards with Cricut {tutorial}

5 Handmade Valentine’s Day Cards with Cricut {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! Can you believe February is almost here. Man! After a super slow January…..February and Valentine’s Day can easily sneak up on you! You can easily find yourself in a crunch to create classroom party favors & decorations, cute paper Valentine’s Day cards, or cute gifts for your family & friends. Buuuuut never fear….if you have a Cricut you can whip up just about anything Valentine related in just a few minutes. Let me show you how I made these 5 Handmade Valentine’s Day Cards with my Cricut Explore Air 2! Let’s get started. :)

For these cards you will need a few supplies:

Alright, let’s get started! :)

I used some of my favorite supplies for these cards. I love using the pens to draw & write sweet messages.

Annnnd the scoring stylus works great on getting those nice clean folds on your cards & paper crafts.

Both of these tools simply slide into the A tool holder, and you are good to go. :) TIP: Your machine will let you know when you need to insert each tools. I love that about the Cricut software. :)

First, I cut out, scored & drew all the parts of my card. Most of my card was cut from cardstock. I used some vinyl, too. TIP: I love using vinyl with paper crafts. Especially smaller pieces! It’s so much easier to stick on a small piece of vinyl than to glue or tape on a small piece of paper.

I love watching this pen do it’s thing! Plus it has way better handwriting than me! ha! :)

Alright, let me show you how I assembled this cute narwhal card! :)

First, gather all your pieces. FYI: I had a piece of glitter vinyl that I wanted to use for the base piece. So I cut two of those pieces out. So I had one cut out of the glitter vinyl & one cut out of cardstock and then I stuck them together. Does that make sense? I also could of just stuck the glitter vinyl right on my card and worked it that way.

TIP: To assemble my card I used double stick tape and these small scissors to cut it in tiny pieces when I needed to.

Then you will start layering. The black piece goes on top of your glitter base piece.

Then the white piece and then a lighter teal piece on top of that.

Then you will add the red heart piece.

Then the pink horn with glitter overlay and then the other glitter fin goes into place.

Lastly, you’ll stick your narwhal on the front of your card! So cute! :)

Inside this card I applied some vinyl that said, you are one of kind! :) You could also use the pen to write that in with your Cricut if you wanted, too. I did several of the other cards that way. :)

Now your sweet card is ready to send to your favorite Valentine. :)

Here are some other fun Valentines I made for my kiddos! I can’t wait to give them out. :)

Which one is your favorite? Let me know! :) Pin this post for later.

Remember you can find all these cute card files right here in Cricut Design Space.

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.