Ginger Snap Crafts: Downton Abbey Tea Party & Homemade Biscuit {Recipe}

Downton Abbey Tea Party & Homemade Biscuit {Recipe}

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment , but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DowntonAbbeyAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Good morning! Today is the 19th of December, kind of a special time for our family. :) Today would of been my Grandmother’s 88th birthday! If you knew my Grandmother, you would know that she loved all things fancy & girly! Which was funny since she was the mom to 5 boys! Thank goodness she had tons of granddaughters. ha! She had a porcelain doll collection that was out of this world with all their fancy dresses. Annnnnd one of our favorite things to do was have a fancy tea party with her little dishes at the small table that was just our size in her kitchen.

That’s why I thought having a “grown up” tea party for me & a few girlfriends using my Grandmother’s fancy dishes would be a great way to celebrate her & the release of the Downton Abbey DVD. This movie is ah-mazing! All the characters that you grew to love in the series are all back together. The film starts off where the series left off, so you will find your favorite characters in the Crawley estate in brand new situations ~ including a visit with the king & queen! Let me show you how I set up this fun Downton Abbey Tea Party. Annnnd I have a homemade biscuit recipe for you, too. Let’s get started! :)

I love Downton Abbey! The setting, the clothing & how they talk are all my favorites. My girlfriends & I have followed them for years. Annnnnd I have to admit this isn't the first Downton Abbey inspired tea party I've been to! ha! When the series ended a few years ago, we all celebrated as well. That's why I was so excited that this film continued on with the story. It's a must have for any Downton Abbey fan!

In England, scones are a must at a tea party! Over here in the states ;), we have biscuits! ha! They are both very similar breads. The only difference, that I know of, is that scones have eggs, and biscuits do not. Both can be eaten with fresh jam & melted butter, and both are perfect for a tea party. This homemade biscuit recipe is one that my mom has used for years & years. It’s a family favorite! :)

For this recipe you will need:

2 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 cup milk

Yield: 6 large biscuits

First, you’ll mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Then knead together on a floured surface until dough is smooth. Roll out your dough until about 3/4 of an inch thick.

Cut out circles using a dough cutter.

Place on ungreased baking sheet. Top biscuits with a small amount of melted butter.

Bake at 475 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter & jam. :)

For my tea party, I served these fresh from the oven biscuits along with fresh fruit, cheese cubes, sugar cookies & crackers.

Serve your plate, make some hot cocoa & pop in the Downton Abbey DVD. :)

That’s the perfect way to tea party (in my opinion). :)
Are you at Downton Abbey fan? I’d love to hear your thoughts about the movie. :)

You can pop over to Walmart and purchase the new release of Downton Abbey DVD today!
The Downton Abbey DVD is available at both Walmart and on Walmart.com. :) Let me know if you pick it up!

 

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.