Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Snow Globe {tutorial}

DIY Snow Globe {tutorial}

This DIY Snow Globe was first seen over on The Crafting Chicks.
 
 
Good morning! Today I'd love to show you how my daughter & I made these super simple & fun DIY Snow Globes. This a perfect snow day (or dreaming of a snow day) craft. :)
 
 
You'll need a few supplies to get started:
spray paint
wide rim mason jars
white glitter
hot glue gun
figurines
 
 
First, we spray painted the rim of our mason jar a fun color. Let dry. Then we put a dab of hot glue right in the middle of our lid. We placed our figurine on it & pressed down until the glue dries. On a side note, the two figurines came from my Grandmother. She had a huge Christmas village that she put on display each Christmas. I inherited a few of the figurines. I love to get them out this time of year, but I'm afraid that my kiddos will drop & break them. That's were these snow globes come it. It offers a little more protection for them. Annnnnd my kiddos still get to play with their Great Grandmother's figurines. That's a win win in my book! :)
 
 
I over estimated the amount of glitter I would need! A little bit of glitter goes a very long way! Pour about 1/4 jar of glitter into the mason jar.
 
 
Screw your lid with figurine attached on, & then flip the jar over. All done!
 
 
We made the little boy snow globe for my youngest son, but he didn't want to be in the picture. ha! Thankfully his sister didn't mind too much!
 
 
 
You can find tons more kid crafts right here on the blog! :)
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum