Ginger Snap Crafts: Pegboard Beauty Organizer & Craft Room De-stash Challenge

Pegboard Beauty Organizer & Craft Room De-stash Challenge

Pegboard Beauty Organizer at GingerSnapCrafts.com #organization #teenroomideas #gingersnapcrafts

I am so excited to be taking part in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge with some amazing bloggers!

15965841_10150781900549991_9062287839048290476_n

We were all challenged to go into our craft rooms & use what we had to create a craft project, kid's craft, home décor, even refinish some furniture….anything goes! I dug in my garage actually & decided to make this super cute Pegboard Beauty Organizer for my daughter’s room. (You can see how we made the cute wooden arrow HERE.)

pegboard beauty organizer

I used some pegboard left over from my craft cabinet makeover & a 2x4 I found lying in my garage plus some chalky finish paint that I had on hand to complete this project. It cost me absolutely nothing to make! :)

beauty organization

I didn’t do a full tutorial on this since you can hop over HERE & see how I made my huge pegboard for my craft room. I did make this one a little bit differently. I’ll walk you through the steps. First, I painted my pegboard this fun coral color using chalky finish paint from DecoArt. (Thanks to DecoArt for letting me try out their amazing paint!) Then my hubby cut out the frame using a 2x4. He cut the 2x4 in half & angled the edges to 45° so they fit together. Then he used a table saw to make 1/2 inch deep & 1/4 inch wide grooves into each piece, so that the pegboard fit perfectly inside the frame. Then we nailed it all together using a nail gun. (TIP: I painted the frame white before we assembled everything.)

organization ideas for your teen's room

Then all that was left to do was hang all of her hair do accessories on the pegboard. :)

pegboard organization

Maybe she will be able to keep up with all those teeny tiny rubber bands & bobby pins. ha!

pegboard beauty organizer

Now check out 20+ Crafty De-Stash projects below. Enjoy!

craft destash challenge

Pegboard Beauty Organizer at GingerSnapCrafts.com #organization #teenroomideas #gingersnapcrafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum