Ginger Snap Crafts: Crunchy Mac & Cheese {recipe}

Crunchy Mac & Cheese {recipe}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #Walmart #CollectiveBias

This yummy Crunchy Mac & Cheese recipe topped with crumbled Goldfish® crackers is sure to bring a smile to your family’s faces!

Crunchy Mac & Cheese at GingerSnapCrafts.com

easy crock pot recipe

Goldfish crackers have been one my kiddos go to snacks for as long as I can remember. Buuuut did you know they are also pretty amazing at mealtimes, too? Some of my kiddos are pretty picky eaters. Thank goodness that I’ve figured out that if I add a few Goldfish crackers sprinkled onto their meals it is sure to bring a smile to their face. Annnd I’ve noticed that I have to do a lot less asking them to eat their dinner! Yay for less stress at dinner time! Goldfish crackers are definite win-win in our family.

Goldfish Crackers

I love that this recipe can be made in the crock pot or in the oven depending on the time you have available. I love putting it in the crock pot while we are at church on Sunday, & then I really love coming home to the yummy smell. ;) Serve this homemade mac & cheese with a fresh garden salad, & you will have a well balanced meal that your family will love!

mac & cheese ingredients

For this recipe you will need:

1 box 13.25 oz. whole wheat elbow noodles
1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
2 cups whole milk
6 tbsp melted butter
dash of pepper
2 tsp dry mustard
1 egg, beaten
7 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
¾ cup sour cream

Cook your noodles for about 7 minutes in boiling water. Rinse, then let cool. I always use whole wheat noodles. I like to sneak in some whole wheat when I can! ;)

mac & cheese recipe with Goldfish

In a large baking dish (or crock pot) mix melted butter, beaten egg, evaporated milk, whole milk & sour cream until blended. Stir in the pasta, then stir in 6 cups of the grated cheese, the pepper & dry mustard. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. TIP: Grate a block of cheese rather than buying the pre-grated cheese. It will taste better! I promise. ;)

macaroni and cheese

In the oven bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown & everything looks bubbly. In the crock pot cook on low for about 3 hours & 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender. TIP: In the crock pot, spray with cooking spray before adding the ingredients. This will make for a quicker clean up. ;)

mac & cheese for dinner

Before serving, crush about a cup of Goldfish crackers in a food processor & sprinkle it on top of your warm macaroni & cheese. I used Goldfish Made with Whole Grain Cheddar crackers. Again, I was trying to get some more whole grains into my kiddos. I’m sneaky like that! ha! ;) You could also use Flavor Blasted® XTra Cheddar, Pretzel, Goldfish Mix or for some extra fun try Goldfish Colors. TIP: Right now the HUGE 30 oz. Goldfish crackers cartons are on rollback at Walmart. It’s time to stock up!

easy crock pot recipes

The Goldfish crackers give this macaroni & cheese recipe that perfect amount of crunch & extra flavor that will make this recipe a hit with your family. Plus Goldfish crackers naturally put a smile on your face & make dinner time more fun! Am I right? ;)

whole wheat goldfish crackers

Remember you can find Goldfish crackers at Walmart in the cracker aisle just like I did! :)

Goldfish Crackers at Walmart

What creative recipe ideas do you use Goldfish® crackers in?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :)

Crunchy Mac & Cheese at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.