Ginger Snap Crafts: Pringles Can Snowman {tutorial}

Pringles Can Snowman {tutorial}

This post was first seen over on the DecoArt blog as part of their Cookie Container Challenge. Thank you to DecoArt for sponsoring this post.

Hello! Well, this past weekend we had our first real taste of snow. Eek! It didn’t stick, but it gives me hope that we will see more of the white stuff later this winter. ;) It also reminded me of this cute Pringles Can Snowman that I made a few months ago as part of a Cookie Container Challenge with DecoArt. You’ll have to check out all of the creative entries right {HERE}. Buuuut first stick around to see how easy this little guy was to put together. Enjoy! :)

Pringles Can Snowman at GingerSnapCrafts.com #decoartprojects #snowman

Supplies:

  • Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics Black Tie
  • Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics Cocoa Bean
  • Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics Red Barn
  • Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics Soft Jade
  • Matte Decou-Page
  • white glitter
  • fine tip paint brush
  • hot glue gun & glue sticks
  • buttons
  • small Pringles can
  • tissue paper
  • foam brush
  • white cardstock
  • Silhouette (I used this image.)
  • fabric
  • scissors
  • chipboard
  • paper trimmer

decoart 1

First, you’ll cover your can using white cardstock.
Then brush on a thin layer of decoupage with a foam brush.

IMG_5597

Then cover your can with white glitter. Shake off any excess glitter.

decoart7

While my glitter was drying I cut out my snowman “parts” using my Silhouette & chipboard.

decoart3

Then I painted each piece using the acrylic paint & a fine tip paint brush. Let dry.
After everything was dried it was time to assemble. First, I tied on the “scarf”.

decoart8

Then I hot glued on the face, arms & buttons. Be careful. It’s hot!

decoart9

Then I filled my can with snowballs (also known as donut holes!). ;)

decoart10

These would make sweet little gifts for a neighbor, teacher or friend.

snowman

Be sure to check out the rest of the Cookie Container Challenge entries right {HERE}.
Have you ever used a Pringles can to make something else? I’d love to hear. :)

Pringles Can Snowman at GingerSnapCrafts.com #decoartprojects #snowman

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.