Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Love Canvas Art {tutorial}

Easy Love Canvas Art {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by FloraCraft® Make It: Fun®. I am so excited to be a part of the Make It Fun® Team this year. #makeitfuncrafts

Hello! I am so, so excited to be sharing another fun idea with Make It Fun Crafts. This month’s challenge was home decor using FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam sheets in a way that would be tricky using typical canvas. The one huge difference is that foam sheets can be cut & shaped into any size or shape that you need. So you are able to customize your project for your space. So I decided to make this Easy Love Canvas Art for Valentine’s Day! Eek! So let’s get started!

Easy Love Canvas Art at GingerSnapCrafts.com #makeitfuncrafts #valentines

love

For this project you’ll need:
2 FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam 1x12x36 inch sheets
StyroCutter® Plus or Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter
12x12 scrapbook paper
white glitter cardstock
red glitter cardstock
Smooth Finish
spray adhesive
red chalk paint
foam paint brush
tulle
Silhouette 

supplies

First, I used my Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter to cut my foam sheets into 4 12x12 inch pieces.

make it fun crafts

Next, I got out some Smooth Finish. This was my first time to use it! I was excited. ;)

smooth finish

Smooth Finish is a paintable coating for FloraCraft® Foam! It’s fast drying, it doesn’t shrink or crack, & it is super easy to apply using a spatula (or putty knife). So that is what I did. I gave a good coat to the sides, front & edges on all 4 of my foam squares. Then I let it dry.

smooth finish foam

I slightly sanded it to smooth it all out, and then I applied 2 coats of paint along the sides, edges & about 2 or 3 inches across the front edges. Then I let my paint dry.

foam crafts for Valentines Day

Next, I used spray adhesive to adhere a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper to the front of each square.

paper crafts for Valentines Day

Then I put on the letters (or heart!) using spray adhesive. I cut out my letters & heart using my Silhouette. Then I added a little bit of tulle to the heart canvas. All done!

Valentine day decor

I love the canvas look I get without the expense of buying actual canvases!

love

It would be so super simple to swap out the letters & change the colors depending on the holiday. The possibilites are endless! :)

LOVE

Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?
I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below.

Check out some of my favorite Make It Fun Crafts.

Rainy-Day-Monsters-at-GingerSnapCraf[4]

Rainy Day Monsters

Simple Party Backdrop #gingersnapcrafts #makeitfuncrafts   #sponsored_thumb

Simple Party Backdrop

Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper at GingerSnapCrafts.com #party #partyideas #makeitfuncrafts_thumb[1]

Snow Cone Cake Topper

Be sure to visit Make It Fun Crafts for more ideas!
You can also follow the hashtag #makeitfuncrafts.

Easy Love Canvas Art at GingerSnapCrafts.com #makeitfuncrafts #valentines

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.