Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Fleece Scarf {tutorial}

Easy Fleece Scarf {tutorial}

This post was first seen over at Craftaholics Anonymous.

This easy fleece scarf would make the perfect first time sewing project. It’s so simple to make. Annnd for under $5 each…this is a very inexpensive project to tackle! A few months ago I was at a marching band competition for my older two kiddos, & a lady walked by with the cutest fleece scarf on in their school colors. Of course, I thought to myself I could totally make that! Annnnd I did! So let's get started!
 
Easy Fleece Scarf at GingerSnapCrafts.com
felt scarf
 
I bought a half yard of red, black & white fleece (our school colors!). This was enough to make 3 scarfs. You can make them any colored you'd like though! I cut my fleece into long 7 inch wide strips the length of the material. So I had one strip for each color. It doesn't have to be exactly straight. Annnd you might notice mine aren't all exactly 7 inches wide. Just do your best! This project is very forgiving! Lay the 3 strips on top of each other & pin in place.
 
felt scarf tutorial 1

Now it’s time to get out that sewing machine!

felt scarf tutorial 2
 
Then you will sew the fleece right down the middle in one long stitch.
 
felt scarf gift idea
 
Then you'll take some fabric scissors & cut 1 inch strips on each side of the seam. Be careful not to cut all the way to the seam though.
 
felt scarf tutorial 5
 
Then I kind of fluffed up the scarf & tied a few knots here & there along each side to help hide the seam.
 
felt scarfs are so easy to make
 
I am so excited on how it turned out! This would make a great first time sewing project to do with your girls. They’d love it! :)
 
felt scarf
 
Cara

easy fleece scarf

Let me know if you try to make one! I’d love to hear how it goes! :)
 
Easy Fleece Scarf at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.